Messages in Bottles

Monday, July 05, 2004

Killing Sims Softly.

Ok...

a few months ago I was downloading stuff for my Sims family( I had two families at this point) and found out something that surprised and peeved me. It seems that comic Sims sites were told by Marvel comics to cease and desist making skins based on Marvel characters. This angered me... as while I hadn't downloaded a lot of Marvel skins( I'm more of a DC guy) I thought this was 'biting the hand that feeds you'.
Now at the time, I had downloaded a handful of Marvel skins.... no where NEAR as many as DC skins- because as said I prefer DC to Marvel. HOWEVER I did have a Marvel skin in one of my families. I don't want to say whom as I don't want to get into TOO much trouble. However I decided that she HAD to go. As I hadn't killed anyone YET in my time playing Sims on and off, I decided I would create a DC gal to fall in love with the Marvel girl, THEN after they moved in together, the DC character( with a bit of meta gaming) would wall up the Marvel gal.
This was not to be however as after I started my first 'story' in the Sims... to kill my first Sim, I unwittingly downloaded an item which caused a glitch in the game. This made it impossible for the Marvel gal to leave home. Now I had borrowed a cd from a co worker so that I didn't have to buy that installment. BIG mistake as this co worker was fired and I had to reinstall the game. So I spent about a month trying to buy the cd from eBay and finally buying it from eagames website( and would recommend that as their prices are VERY low right now).

So after deleting my 'recent downloads'- still not sure what caused the glitch AND buying the expansion that I didn't officially own yet- I installed the game again. Then installed all the skins and items I had, and crossed fingers. So far so good.
I then created the Marvel family again... made them a new house and checked to make sure they could leave- which they could. I then created the DC gal as her 'own' family. I had the DC girl get a cat and had LOADS of fun with the cat, before remembering the real 'objective' so I had the DC and Marvel character meet and fall in love. About a week ago I had the DC character move into the Marvel character's family( the other members in the family are 'generic' characters). Since move in I hadn't had time to continue the story.
originally I was gonna have either girl fall in love with a guy( hadn't decided which) and then when the other found out I'd have the DC girl 'wall in' the marvel gal by just using the wall tool and getting rid of the door- taking before and after pictures.
However last night, I was tired and (slightly) drunk and decided 'what the heck' I wanted to kill me a sim! So I just had the Marvel Character use a small bathroom. I then had the DC character walk after her, took pics of the DC character before and after I removed the door. Today I've had to do laundry and other errands( and write this) but I've taken pictures of the Marvel character in the bathroom, as she realizes she can't leave and sleeps standing up. I've also taken pictures of the other characters going on with life...
I thought of expanding the bathroom so that I could put a fridge and phone in there and see how long I can draw out the death... but at this point I'm just curious as to how long it takes for her to die and what happens then ;-)

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home