Dentist...
So I went to the dentist on Monday and got mixed news from him.
First a little dental background: My two front teeth are capped. The story is that I was walking down the street... My older brother was running behind me and tripped. He put his arms out to cushion his fall; however he ended up hitting me with his hands and making me fall.... I opened my mouth and bit pavement.
My mother sent me to the dentist who was EVIL. The dentist she sent me to did NOT believe in Novocain/ pain meds. So lots of painful drilling. It should be noted that I later learned that SHE went to a different dentist because... he didn't believe in giving her pain meds while drilling.
So because of this first dentist, I'm a little prone to NOT wanting to go to the dentist. However I'm getting older and I like food... So I want to start taking care of my teeth in a proper manner. So even though I have NO dental plan- I saw the dentist about four months ago. He got me from brushing once a day to the more teeth friendly twice a day and to 'rubber tip' my front teeth. That's using a device that looks like the rubber cone on OLD toothbrushes to get at the gunk in the gaps. He then asked me to come back for another cleaning and look over as it had been YEARS since my last dental appointment before signing up with this guy.
On Sunday I was having problems with one of my capped front teeth. I would get semi random bursts of sensation. It wasn't full on exposed nerves as I was able to drink my beer without constant pain but never the less I was happy on Sunday that I was going to the dentist on Monday.
The pain stopped on Monday, but I still told the dentist about it as I felt it was important.
So the good news, I have no cavities or even the beginnings of cavities (or 'ca's' as my dentist calls them)....
The bad news, my caps are wearing down and are going to need to be replaced sometime in the near future.
The worse news, teeth seem to have a habit of moving closer together. So as the top teeth have worn down, the bottom teeth have somehow moved up. Not 100% sure of the science here but the UPSHOT is that when he rebonds my top teeth, he's gonna have to file down my front BOTTOM teeth.
Ouch. Not fun.
So that’s the story of the dentist. Fine now, pain later.
First a little dental background: My two front teeth are capped. The story is that I was walking down the street... My older brother was running behind me and tripped. He put his arms out to cushion his fall; however he ended up hitting me with his hands and making me fall.... I opened my mouth and bit pavement.
My mother sent me to the dentist who was EVIL. The dentist she sent me to did NOT believe in Novocain/ pain meds. So lots of painful drilling. It should be noted that I later learned that SHE went to a different dentist because... he didn't believe in giving her pain meds while drilling.
So because of this first dentist, I'm a little prone to NOT wanting to go to the dentist. However I'm getting older and I like food... So I want to start taking care of my teeth in a proper manner. So even though I have NO dental plan- I saw the dentist about four months ago. He got me from brushing once a day to the more teeth friendly twice a day and to 'rubber tip' my front teeth. That's using a device that looks like the rubber cone on OLD toothbrushes to get at the gunk in the gaps. He then asked me to come back for another cleaning and look over as it had been YEARS since my last dental appointment before signing up with this guy.
On Sunday I was having problems with one of my capped front teeth. I would get semi random bursts of sensation. It wasn't full on exposed nerves as I was able to drink my beer without constant pain but never the less I was happy on Sunday that I was going to the dentist on Monday.
The pain stopped on Monday, but I still told the dentist about it as I felt it was important.
So the good news, I have no cavities or even the beginnings of cavities (or 'ca's' as my dentist calls them)....
The bad news, my caps are wearing down and are going to need to be replaced sometime in the near future.
The worse news, teeth seem to have a habit of moving closer together. So as the top teeth have worn down, the bottom teeth have somehow moved up. Not 100% sure of the science here but the UPSHOT is that when he rebonds my top teeth, he's gonna have to file down my front BOTTOM teeth.
Ouch. Not fun.
So that’s the story of the dentist. Fine now, pain later.


1 Comments:
At 7/18/2005 04:11:00 PM,
Lyss said…
I feel your pain.
http://no_blog.blogspot.com/2005/03/good-drugs.html
Post a Comment
<< Home