9-11,9/11, September 11th... Aardvark
I REALLY TRULY DEEPLY am getting sick of Fox/Rove/W. mentioning 'Since 9/11...' to justify EVERY and ALL policies....
Heck I saw a bit of Fox News after the London bombing and Bill O'Rielly basically screaming that now that ENGLAND got attacked by terrorists, maybe Europe would get off their butt and start help AMERICA rebuild Iraq and stop bad mouthing the U.S.
Of course, while seeing this I couldn't help but wonder- 'gee maybe it was an IRA attack...'
The rest of the world has dealt with terrorists attacks for quite some time before AND after 9/11. Wasn't the attack on the Israeli Olympic team in '71 a terrorist attack? I don't hear Israel going 'remember September 5th!', because there have been tons of terrorist attacks in Israel after that. I still remember years ago where there was a wedding tragedy- where the floor broke due to the weight of the wedding party... and the Israeli news felt it was important to mention IN THE STORY that it was NOT a terrorist attack.
There's a movie next year with a person who wears a Guy Fawkes mask. Guy Fawkes was a 17th century English 'terrorist'. He, and his friends, planned to blow up parliament with 36 barrels of gunpowder. While the English still celebrate the day that Fawkes got caught... they don't still bring him up or use him as an excuse to keep Catholics under watch.
In fact our government decided that the IRA was/is a terrorist group BEFORE 9/11, thus proving in their own words that England has dealt with terrorists attacks longer then us. And here's a recent list of some OTHER attacks on England
What I'm trying to say is yes, I'm sad for what happened to NYC and Washington DC on that fateful day BUT I'm really tired of Fox and the Republicans using this event for their own personal quests for power.
I think Karl Rove should be fired for his comments about 'liberals' and then should be brought up on charges as he's been identified as the one who outed Valerie Plame, but at the very least he should stop mentioning 9/11.
As should all of Fox and the current administration... I think they've abused their right AND the point of this post is I want a tv/radio chip that would change 9-11,9/11 and Sept. 11th to another word or phrase. Ideally the chip could be updated each week so you don't get tired of the NEW word and the phrase/word should be funny- such as Aardvark, pudding, or smurf. So we'd then here on Fox- "Democrats don't understand the world post aarddvark", "Since the pudding attack on New York...", and of course ' smurf, smurf, smurf. re-elect me. smurf'
Heck I saw a bit of Fox News after the London bombing and Bill O'Rielly basically screaming that now that ENGLAND got attacked by terrorists, maybe Europe would get off their butt and start help AMERICA rebuild Iraq and stop bad mouthing the U.S.
Of course, while seeing this I couldn't help but wonder- 'gee maybe it was an IRA attack...'
The rest of the world has dealt with terrorists attacks for quite some time before AND after 9/11. Wasn't the attack on the Israeli Olympic team in '71 a terrorist attack? I don't hear Israel going 'remember September 5th!', because there have been tons of terrorist attacks in Israel after that. I still remember years ago where there was a wedding tragedy- where the floor broke due to the weight of the wedding party... and the Israeli news felt it was important to mention IN THE STORY that it was NOT a terrorist attack.
There's a movie next year with a person who wears a Guy Fawkes mask. Guy Fawkes was a 17th century English 'terrorist'. He, and his friends, planned to blow up parliament with 36 barrels of gunpowder. While the English still celebrate the day that Fawkes got caught... they don't still bring him up or use him as an excuse to keep Catholics under watch.
In fact our government decided that the IRA was/is a terrorist group BEFORE 9/11, thus proving in their own words that England has dealt with terrorists attacks longer then us. And here's a recent list of some OTHER attacks on England
What I'm trying to say is yes, I'm sad for what happened to NYC and Washington DC on that fateful day BUT I'm really tired of Fox and the Republicans using this event for their own personal quests for power.
I think Karl Rove should be fired for his comments about 'liberals' and then should be brought up on charges as he's been identified as the one who outed Valerie Plame, but at the very least he should stop mentioning 9/11.
As should all of Fox and the current administration... I think they've abused their right AND the point of this post is I want a tv/radio chip that would change 9-11,9/11 and Sept. 11th to another word or phrase. Ideally the chip could be updated each week so you don't get tired of the NEW word and the phrase/word should be funny- such as Aardvark, pudding, or smurf. So we'd then here on Fox- "Democrats don't understand the world post aarddvark", "Since the pudding attack on New York...", and of course ' smurf, smurf, smurf. re-elect me. smurf'


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home