I've been there...
I grew up in NYC and I've always been amused when I saw a place I had been to make it onto the big screen. I don't think I'm alone as I remember my father's second wife being gleeful that she recognized my younger brother's school at the end of Romancing the Stone( The boat is on West End Ave and you can see this TV like building which was my brother's school).
Well when Sabrina the Teenage Witch started- I watched it with half hearted interest as I liked Melissa Joan Hart from her Nick days, I found the talking cat quite amusing and the aunts mildly funny. However it was when she went to college that I started paying attention to the opening credits AND ignoring the show. Like many shows, by having Sabrina grow up and go to college, the show jumped the shark. The credits got my attention because she was going to college in BOSTON. Although there were NO scenes other then the opening credits in Boston, I ended up trying to pay attention to the opening credits for a month or two.
You see at the end of the opening- Sabrina is on Newbury St. and we see the Newbury Comics sign... She then goes down the stairs, where her Aunt's coffee house is. After all this watching- while I'm still not a 100% sure, I'm about 80-90% sure that the Aunt's coffee house is right below Newbury Comics, where in *my* reality is CondomWorld... *chuckle*
And I find it very interesting in a Disney World that they replaced a adult store with a coffee house.
Just felt I'd share this tidbit of amusement... and if anyone knows Sabrina and Newbury St- let me know if you think I'm right or wrong.
Well when Sabrina the Teenage Witch started- I watched it with half hearted interest as I liked Melissa Joan Hart from her Nick days, I found the talking cat quite amusing and the aunts mildly funny. However it was when she went to college that I started paying attention to the opening credits AND ignoring the show. Like many shows, by having Sabrina grow up and go to college, the show jumped the shark. The credits got my attention because she was going to college in BOSTON. Although there were NO scenes other then the opening credits in Boston, I ended up trying to pay attention to the opening credits for a month or two.
You see at the end of the opening- Sabrina is on Newbury St. and we see the Newbury Comics sign... She then goes down the stairs, where her Aunt's coffee house is. After all this watching- while I'm still not a 100% sure, I'm about 80-90% sure that the Aunt's coffee house is right below Newbury Comics, where in *my* reality is CondomWorld... *chuckle*
And I find it very interesting in a Disney World that they replaced a adult store with a coffee house.
Just felt I'd share this tidbit of amusement... and if anyone knows Sabrina and Newbury St- let me know if you think I'm right or wrong.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home