Messages in Bottles

Friday, September 16, 2005

Imp of the Perverse

Ok, I’ve been meaning to blog this ALL summer but never got around to it, so this morning I’m making the time.
I live in the metropolitan city of Boston, and grew up in the Big City of NYC, and in both cities in the summer they set out tables on the street. So as you walk down the street, you see a bunch of tables with food and condiments on them.
Now, while I consider myself pretty upstanding and law-abiding… sometimes I get these ideas in my head- the imp of the perverse. I often don’t have ketchup in my apartment- relying on the ketchup packets I get with my take out… so I think about taking ketchup off the tables. Or better yet to take some of the food from the diners. I especially think of the food when I see bread baskets or those puddles of olive oil on a plate to dip said bread.
Yum!

I tried to explain this ‘desire’ to my father’s first (my mom) and third wife. Neither of them understood this. Now I’m not sure if this is because I’m wired a bit different or they have more money in their bank accounts so can eat at the places I pass if they wanted…

So if any of you have passed diners on the street- and thought about stealing their food, let me know. Heck I’d love to hear if someone had actually done just that. I’d just like to know if it’s just me or if it’s just my father’s wives can’t think outside of the box… or maybe it’s because I like food better then them.

1 Comments:

  • At 9/20/2005 01:19:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    A long time ago in a galaxy far far away I used to take plates and forks from pizza restaraunts.

    I've since become a more upstanding member of society.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home