Messages in Bottles

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

The Grate Ate




The Great Eight


1. We have to post these rules before we give you the facts.

2. Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves.

3. People who are tagged must make a post about their eight things and post these rules.

4. At the end of your blog post, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.

5. Don't forget to leave them each a comment telling them they're tagged, and to read your blog.

Ok… This is hard for me, because on the one hand, maintaining a blog might make it look like I’m a very SHARING individual- but actually I’m quite private. I’ve lived alone for what now seems most of my life because in college even roommates who I liked would end up driving me insane at times- and vica versa. Consider that a 0). Also I’ve tried to do it as things that have randomly popped into my head as opposed to… well any other methodology.

1.One of the stupidest things I’ve done- and believe you me I’ve done a lot… Is as a kid I talked to this guy in Riverside Park... He said he was a magician and like many kids I wanted to learn magic. The park was pretty empty and he ended up moving to an area sorta out of the way and told me that IF I blew him, he tell me how to do magic. I didn’t and I consider myself lucky that he didn’t force himself on me.

2. I think I’ve mentioned this- but if I had a chance to go back in time, I’d kill Prescott Bush- and I’d do it before he had his son George HW.

3. I once had Hulk #181. I had to sell it because I had to give my older brother back the money I had stolen from him.

4. As a young kid- I would’ve liked nothing more then for my father to have become my ‘primary care giver’ and live with him and his second wife. I sooo wanted to be a part of that ‘nuclear family’ that my younger brother had. HOWEVER when my father told me he wished that he had challenged custody for me; wishing he could’ve given my mom my older brother in return for ME- because, he said, it was clear that my older brother was HER favorite… I hated him for this disclosure.

5. As much as I hate my dad- and I do… I also realize that without him I would NOT have met all the cool people in my life as I have. My mom has worked at a couple of cool places- Ms. Magazine and National Lampoon… But my dad and his second wife were publishers and through them I got to meet a lot of cool authors ( and of course my dad ‘helped’ me work at DC and Marvel).

6. I worry more about my weight NOW then I did (155-160) then when I hit 190( on the way up not down)

7. Odds are if I had superpowers- I’d use them for personal gain. Like perhaps Bart on Smallville( but of course SMARTER). This is one of the reasons I liked Flash’s Rogues’ Gallery…. They weren’t really about ‘taking over the world’ or ‘killing Flash’, they just wanted to make a quick buck--- and also wanted the Street Creds of beating Flash.

8. Even though my best friend and manager of the game store has a dead end job, was about one course shy of his undergraduate degree and a girl friend whom I’ve felt is too high maintenance even from a friend P.O.V., I envy him. For the most part I think he’s smarter then me… His job might be dead end retail BUT his bosses are in NYC and he rarely has to deal with them on a face to face basis. AND even though I don’t like her, I envy the fact that at the end of the day- he has someone to go home to…

I have followed rules 1-3. I as a general rule do NOT tag people for memes. I am weak and know that if I am tagged- odds are I will do it, this is MY 'cross to bear' and I will NOT force others. If you want to a GREAT EIGHT- fine, do so because you want to... not because I tagged you

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home