WTF Moments
Two moments at the gift store that made me go WTF!?
The first happened a couple of Fridays ago when I was working at the gift store and was going through a manic depressive rollercoaster. I see a kid in my line. He's wearing a tee shirt and I feel A NEED to read every tee shirt in the store.
His said- in American Flag Colours- Bring it ON!
My first thought was OH Yeah, I'll bring it. See the kid was about 8-10. Not great with kid ages or heights- but I figure he was 4 foot something and I could prolly take him... IF I didn't worry about how big Mom/Dad was or losing my job. Of course I worry about losing my job and I'm really a wuss at heart so I let it pass.
But it's bugged me that this punk kid was wearing that jingoistic crap.
First it was bad enough that Shrub said those words... as he put thousands of Men and Women in uniform between himself and HARM. Remember Shrub was the guy who right after the hits on the Towers- A) couldn't pull himself from reading a kid's book and b) then went to ground. When the country NEEDED a strong leader; W was wisked to a 'undisclosed' location for HIS safety. Then Shrub decides that he needs to PROVE his manhood by taking on the whole world, uttering lines like “if you’re not with us, you’re against us.” And of course “Bring it on.” And of course, I have to mention the Mission Accomplished photo op and how it was just him giving us the finger.
But as I started writing this post, and put it off a part of me wonder who’s to blame for the kid wearing the tee shirt? I mean it’s easy for me to blame W. for saying dumb crap, but then doesn’t some blame go to the voters who BELIEVE his crap; or the kid’s parents for NOT sitting the kid down and pointing out that this could be stationed in Iraq sometime in the future (yeah- W. and others have said we’re staying in Iraq until it’s over over there); and I thought a bit- that perhaps Walmart is to blame for selling this crap. But I really don’t think you can blame whoever sold the t-shirt for filling a need- I think the blame goes W and people who believe shrub’s crap- which prolly includes the kid’s parents.
The second thing happened yesterday but needs a bit of background. One- last Friday I took an extra ½ hour off for meal break as I found out my television had arrived and wanted to bring it home. Since my manager didn’t give me any crap- I ended up giving him a $5 Burger King money card. I had found the card earlier that week. While I haven’t eaten BK in years, a part of me misses the sugary breakfast of French Toast Sticks and hash browns… But I gave to the manager to resist temptation and to say thank you.
Two as I mentioned previously- the manager has given a smiley faced to the team… at the end of the day the person with the smiley face is suppose to hand it off. Because we have a good amount of part time workers- as we live in 21st century America where companies prefer a larger less competent work force that costs less… the pin often seems to go mia for a bit…. Also since we HAVE to give it away some times the reasons are- here’s the pin. That’s how I got the pin yesterday morning; someone had it- I mentioned AH! That’s where the pin is and she gave it to me. At about 4 pm I passed it off to co-worker S. because two of us had forgotten our security badges- so we kept borrowing from S. so that we could get into the stock room. The manager SEES this handoff and my explanation of why S was getting the pin and decides to reward S. Now I should mention this is the FIRST time I’ve seen him reward anyone with the pin… and of course, he gave her the $5 BK card I gave him.
Is he an @$$ or what?
The first happened a couple of Fridays ago when I was working at the gift store and was going through a manic depressive rollercoaster. I see a kid in my line. He's wearing a tee shirt and I feel A NEED to read every tee shirt in the store.
His said- in American Flag Colours- Bring it ON!
My first thought was OH Yeah, I'll bring it. See the kid was about 8-10. Not great with kid ages or heights- but I figure he was 4 foot something and I could prolly take him... IF I didn't worry about how big Mom/Dad was or losing my job. Of course I worry about losing my job and I'm really a wuss at heart so I let it pass.
But it's bugged me that this punk kid was wearing that jingoistic crap.
First it was bad enough that Shrub said those words... as he put thousands of Men and Women in uniform between himself and HARM. Remember Shrub was the guy who right after the hits on the Towers- A) couldn't pull himself from reading a kid's book and b) then went to ground. When the country NEEDED a strong leader; W was wisked to a 'undisclosed' location for HIS safety. Then Shrub decides that he needs to PROVE his manhood by taking on the whole world, uttering lines like “if you’re not with us, you’re against us.” And of course “Bring it on.” And of course, I have to mention the Mission Accomplished photo op and how it was just him giving us the finger.
But as I started writing this post, and put it off a part of me wonder who’s to blame for the kid wearing the tee shirt? I mean it’s easy for me to blame W. for saying dumb crap, but then doesn’t some blame go to the voters who BELIEVE his crap; or the kid’s parents for NOT sitting the kid down and pointing out that this could be stationed in Iraq sometime in the future (yeah- W. and others have said we’re staying in Iraq until it’s over over there); and I thought a bit- that perhaps Walmart is to blame for selling this crap. But I really don’t think you can blame whoever sold the t-shirt for filling a need- I think the blame goes W and people who believe shrub’s crap- which prolly includes the kid’s parents.
The second thing happened yesterday but needs a bit of background. One- last Friday I took an extra ½ hour off for meal break as I found out my television had arrived and wanted to bring it home. Since my manager didn’t give me any crap- I ended up giving him a $5 Burger King money card. I had found the card earlier that week. While I haven’t eaten BK in years, a part of me misses the sugary breakfast of French Toast Sticks and hash browns… But I gave to the manager to resist temptation and to say thank you.
Two as I mentioned previously- the manager has given a smiley faced to the team… at the end of the day the person with the smiley face is suppose to hand it off. Because we have a good amount of part time workers- as we live in 21st century America where companies prefer a larger less competent work force that costs less… the pin often seems to go mia for a bit…. Also since we HAVE to give it away some times the reasons are- here’s the pin. That’s how I got the pin yesterday morning; someone had it- I mentioned AH! That’s where the pin is and she gave it to me. At about 4 pm I passed it off to co-worker S. because two of us had forgotten our security badges- so we kept borrowing from S. so that we could get into the stock room. The manager SEES this handoff and my explanation of why S was getting the pin and decides to reward S. Now I should mention this is the FIRST time I’ve seen him reward anyone with the pin… and of course, he gave her the $5 BK card I gave him.
Is he an @$$ or what?
Labels: gift store, Mission Accomplished


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home