Movie Time

Ok- watched a bunch of movies recently- two with Evan, the other due to Evan so just felt I should share my enjoyment of the flixs.
First movie we saw together was Hot Fuzz- it was seen because it was Simon Pegg, Evan had it and I had yet to see it. It was an Hoot. I think I mentioned a few too times how gay it was- but that’s because it was making fun of the cop buddy movie which are pretty gay (as is football if you wave ‘context’). I also felt it proved that Simon Pegg could act- because while I liked him in Spaced and Shawn of the Dead- he could easily have been playing himself in both movies- however in Hot Fuzz he was not the usual slacker fanboy but an ace police man and I thought he did a bang up job.
The second movie I watch with Evan- because I was a little too tired to go drinking on Sunday was 28 Days Later. I’m not huge into the Zombie genre- I think other then Shawn I’ve seen one ….Of the Dead- the one with the Mall because I had to see people getting killed in a Mall. I enjoyed 28 Days Later and have put 28 Weeks Later on my netflix save queue- so it’ll pop up on my regular queue in Oct. I enjoyed 28 Days Later- though not as much as Hot Fuzz- and TOTALLY saw Evan’s point that Zombie movies aren’t about the Zombies but the ‘survivors’ and society. Won’t spoil 28 Days Later, though I imagine that Adj. has either seen it or plans NOT to. But do think it was good.
Just want to mention again that after the game, and 28 Days Later, we ended up seeing Coupling- which I rather liked and thought was quite funny. Darn it britcoms are really much better then much of what we have here.
Evan sent me home with D*E*B*S*. It was NOT what I expected- but unlike Stranger then Fiction where I was very disappointed because I felt I was sold a quirky comedy and received a quirky romance in it’s place… for D*E*B*S* I expected t and a and humor- along the lines of Bring It On, but I got a comedy more along the lines of But I’m a Cheerleader. I think D*E*B*S* was more funny then But I’m a Cheerleader (and had more t & a) BUT then But I’m a Cheerleader tried to tackle the whole ‘she’s gay’ in a semi realistic, but humorous, manner whereas D*E*B*S*, had no REAL blowback for the main characters being gay… which made it more lighthearted.
I give a thumbs up for D*E*B*S*.
Other movies I’ve recently seen from Netflix- Gargoyles Season 2, Part 1. I gotta say that Gargoyles was really a GREAT cartoon. Though I’ve noticed myself occasionally checking to see how much violence a cartoon gets away with. Gargoyles gets away with A LOT. In a 4 parter (most of Gargoyles episodes are part of a larger story), Demona turns the Humans in Manhattan into statues… and then proceeds to bust some of the statues. Now we don’t see blood- because they’re statues and when the humans get turned back, we do NOT see on camera the people that Demona has killed/maimed but it’s really THERE.
I’ve also seen X:Men Evolution Season 1, still love it, and Groovy Goolies- which did NOT age well.
Ok that’s it. Prolly have more to blog about BUT need to get on with my day…
Labels: Netflix


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home