A Newish Meme
Not quite the 'interview meme' but close enough to make ME a happy camper.
From HippyBongStocking
1. Leave me a casual comment of no particular significance, like a lyric to your current favorite song, or your favorite kind of sandwich, maybe your favorite game. Any remark, meaningless or not.
2. I will respond by asking you five personal questions so I can get to know you better.
3. Update your LJ( or blogger as the case may be) with the answers to the questions.
4. Include this explanation and offer to ask someone else in your own post.
5. When others respond with a desultory comment, you will ask them five questions.
1.Weren't you supposed to come visit the Great White North? What happened to that?
To be nice, Kel’s ‘situation’ changed. As far as ‘Kel’s timeline’ I was suppose to come up for the long Victoria’s weekend. However that didn’t seem to be good for Kel and he’s never told me that his situation has improved enough to the point where he could go out partying for a night or two. When I’m told things are good for Kel (and you and Adj.) I’ll start renegotiating times to come up.
2. If you could change one thing (or several related things) about the way retail happens, what would they be and why?
Glad I re-read things, as I first got hung up on ONE thing and thought it was ONLY one thing, but you did give me a cookie with ‘related things’- so while I have two problem sets- and the unfairness of the U.S. business system, I can at least choose between the two.
First though when I say the unfairness of the U.S. business system- I mean for someone in a company to make a million dollars, it means a lot more people get paid minimum wages… This is one of the (many) reasons I would never vote for a ‘CEO’ president like Mitt- because they squeeze every drop of blood from the little guy for profit.
That said I think the thing as both consumer and worker that I’d want to change is Name Capture. I’m not sure if this evil, vile practice has made it up to Canada; but when I buy stuff from several big chains- they ask me for my zip code/name and then proceed to try and sign me up for their mailing list. Now I really don’t like this- but at the same time I KNOW, from my one job that did this, that many of these workers are judged by this. Whenever someone in retail asks you to ‘add on’ a product or join a mailing list- odds are this is part of their ‘job performance’. Heck I remember at Staples I went to a copy center ‘training meeting’ and it was NOT about how to use the machines properly but how to UPSELL.
So to get back on track- I feel bad sometimes when someone asks me for information because I know they’re gonna get judged for this, but at the same time it pisses me off when I go to Radio Shack to buy some batteries and they want to sign me up. So I’d get rid of ‘name captures’. Make it illegal or something. I’d also like to get rid of quotas in general ( you have to sell x amount of y each shift)… but that’s prolly UNAMERICAN and wouldn’t fly… so just get rid of name capture; that way the workers won’t be judged so much on how much junk mail the consumer wants.
3. If you could start your own political party, what would it be called?
Ok… Odd but interesting. My first thought was ITMFA- however that would be a bit passé after 2008 (plus I don’t want anyone getting any ideas after I get voted in)… Likewise there is already a socialist party here in the U.S.( prolly in Canada as well) so I’m going to go with Super Cool Party. Who wouldn’t want to be a member of the Super Cool Party?
Then too it would be fun to point out on other shows that Bill O’Riellly and the rest of Fox News are ANTI Super Cool. Because I know they are.
4. How's it going?
Not well. While I’ve got a learner’s permit, I’ve done NOTHING with it.
My job sucks- and yet instead of spend most of my free time looking for a better job… I spend it playing video games and reading.
I sometimes feel I’m in a hell of my own creation-
And other times, a hell made by the GOP. I wasn’t all that politically inclined until the 2000 election. I KNEW somewhere deep down that W. would be bad for me and the U.S. but I had NO idea.
Oh and I plan to post about Kenny Boy tomorrow. Suffice it to say, I squealed to my manager about some of Ken’s behavior BUT because Ken is friends with the manager- I don’t expect anything to happen.
5. If you could live anywhere, where would you most want to live?
Right now it would be Amsterdam. I really loved it when I was there but then again a) I was on vacation, b) the weather was faboo- well save for it not getting dark until about 10pm, but that was still sort of nice and c) I got altered there more then I had been in my ENTIRE life( usually I avoid that stuff).
I also have to say- getting tired of the American One party system- republicans and the wusses who can’t stand up to the republicans.
That said- a) If one of you were to find me a job in TO- I’d try to move there ASAP. I mean I feel I’d have like a weird instant geek support team. And B) I know Evan is going to next week try to make Chico look like the place to move- but it’s still in the U.S….
From HippyBongStocking
1. Leave me a casual comment of no particular significance, like a lyric to your current favorite song, or your favorite kind of sandwich, maybe your favorite game. Any remark, meaningless or not.
2. I will respond by asking you five personal questions so I can get to know you better.
3. Update your LJ( or blogger as the case may be) with the answers to the questions.
4. Include this explanation and offer to ask someone else in your own post.
5. When others respond with a desultory comment, you will ask them five questions.
1.Weren't you supposed to come visit the Great White North? What happened to that?
To be nice, Kel’s ‘situation’ changed. As far as ‘Kel’s timeline’ I was suppose to come up for the long Victoria’s weekend. However that didn’t seem to be good for Kel and he’s never told me that his situation has improved enough to the point where he could go out partying for a night or two. When I’m told things are good for Kel (and you and Adj.) I’ll start renegotiating times to come up.
2. If you could change one thing (or several related things) about the way retail happens, what would they be and why?
Glad I re-read things, as I first got hung up on ONE thing and thought it was ONLY one thing, but you did give me a cookie with ‘related things’- so while I have two problem sets- and the unfairness of the U.S. business system, I can at least choose between the two.
First though when I say the unfairness of the U.S. business system- I mean for someone in a company to make a million dollars, it means a lot more people get paid minimum wages… This is one of the (many) reasons I would never vote for a ‘CEO’ president like Mitt- because they squeeze every drop of blood from the little guy for profit.
That said I think the thing as both consumer and worker that I’d want to change is Name Capture. I’m not sure if this evil, vile practice has made it up to Canada; but when I buy stuff from several big chains- they ask me for my zip code/name and then proceed to try and sign me up for their mailing list. Now I really don’t like this- but at the same time I KNOW, from my one job that did this, that many of these workers are judged by this. Whenever someone in retail asks you to ‘add on’ a product or join a mailing list- odds are this is part of their ‘job performance’. Heck I remember at Staples I went to a copy center ‘training meeting’ and it was NOT about how to use the machines properly but how to UPSELL.
So to get back on track- I feel bad sometimes when someone asks me for information because I know they’re gonna get judged for this, but at the same time it pisses me off when I go to Radio Shack to buy some batteries and they want to sign me up. So I’d get rid of ‘name captures’. Make it illegal or something. I’d also like to get rid of quotas in general ( you have to sell x amount of y each shift)… but that’s prolly UNAMERICAN and wouldn’t fly… so just get rid of name capture; that way the workers won’t be judged so much on how much junk mail the consumer wants.
3. If you could start your own political party, what would it be called?
Ok… Odd but interesting. My first thought was ITMFA- however that would be a bit passé after 2008 (plus I don’t want anyone getting any ideas after I get voted in)… Likewise there is already a socialist party here in the U.S.( prolly in Canada as well) so I’m going to go with Super Cool Party. Who wouldn’t want to be a member of the Super Cool Party?
Then too it would be fun to point out on other shows that Bill O’Riellly and the rest of Fox News are ANTI Super Cool. Because I know they are.
4. How's it going?
Not well. While I’ve got a learner’s permit, I’ve done NOTHING with it.
My job sucks- and yet instead of spend most of my free time looking for a better job… I spend it playing video games and reading.
I sometimes feel I’m in a hell of my own creation-
And other times, a hell made by the GOP. I wasn’t all that politically inclined until the 2000 election. I KNEW somewhere deep down that W. would be bad for me and the U.S. but I had NO idea.
Oh and I plan to post about Kenny Boy tomorrow. Suffice it to say, I squealed to my manager about some of Ken’s behavior BUT because Ken is friends with the manager- I don’t expect anything to happen.
5. If you could live anywhere, where would you most want to live?
Right now it would be Amsterdam. I really loved it when I was there but then again a) I was on vacation, b) the weather was faboo- well save for it not getting dark until about 10pm, but that was still sort of nice and c) I got altered there more then I had been in my ENTIRE life( usually I avoid that stuff).
I also have to say- getting tired of the American One party system- republicans and the wusses who can’t stand up to the republicans.
That said- a) If one of you were to find me a job in TO- I’d try to move there ASAP. I mean I feel I’d have like a weird instant geek support team. And B) I know Evan is going to next week try to make Chico look like the place to move- but it’s still in the U.S….
Labels: Meme


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home