Messages in Bottles

Friday, September 17, 2004

Before something different... depleted uranium weapons

I've decided that while I might still rant about politics, I don't expect anything IMPORTANT til next month and the possible debate(s?).

However before I go onto mention small spots of fun in my life or the EVILS of corporate America... I have to take one last slam at the U.S. Government and mention *drum roll* depleted uranium weapons.

Ok- now this is simple science that the Pentagon somehow got 2+2= 5 dead Iraqis and 1 dead American.

Now the Army slash Military Weaponmakers has said that some Uranium is 'depleted' and can be used for weapon grade shelling. From their point of view- depleted Uranium is heavier then lead... so it lends itself to better shell casings, that won't be hurt by shipping and will fly into the enemy( either as a bullet shell casing or a bomb casing) faster

From an 'normal' view of the universe this is a BAD idea. Uranium is radioactive. So it's HEAVIER then normal atoms and gives off radiation- trying to get to a more 'natural' state. I'm tired so I'm just gonna give an example of ONE Uranium 1/2 life- 4.5 BILLION years. Yes it takes 4.5 billion years for a bit of Uranium at the start of the Earth to be HALF as radioactive as it was when it was created.
What this means is many of our fly boys( carrying bombs with DU casing) or soldiers( with DU shell casings) are getting CANCER.

Yup. It's not enough that a 1,000 Americans have died in Iraq, many soldiers will come back from the Middle East and come down with the BIG C, because a General thought that DU weapons 'sounded really neat'.

I support my troops by not killing them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home