Messages in Bottles

Thursday, August 26, 2004

Bang Bang They shot him dead...

In about 3 weeks the Brady Bill expires.

The Brady Bill called for a 5 day waiting period for buying guns AND banned assault weapons/ SEMI automatic guns. Now W. has said that IF a renewal passed congress that he'd sign it BUT he also knows that if he doesn't push it, it won't happen as congress is out of session. So he can have his cake( SAYS he's FOR gun responsibility) and eat it too( SAYS he's for the second amendment).

I, however, says he's for terrorism and crime. I mean I don't care if a gun is SEMI automatic or FULL automatic. I found out that there is a semi automatic AK-47, and that it was used in a 1989 tragedy that lead to the assault weapon ban.
With a semi automatic- you can point and shoot. You don't have to pull the trigger for each shot... which is something you DON'T want for hunting. I mean how many bullets do you want in thumper if you shot him for rabbit stew.

Now, I'm not against guns entirely. I used to be, and I won't have a gun in my house EVER but I have a friend. My friend likes his gun, he goes to the the range often to 'squeeze off a few'. I think it's therapeutic for him, and so won't take away his gun. I also have no problem with hunting- providing a) the hunter obeys all the laws and limits and b) eats his 'target'. I'm not for animals dying for sport. Food, yes- fun, not so much.

Our second amendment was written shortly after the Revolution. We had won the war because of ordinary citizens. The founding fathers felt there were enemies everywhere- from the Indians whose land we were stealing, to the British who might want a rematch. There was no phones, so if you were attacked- you couldn't call the police, you would have to defend your family yourself.
Also keep in mind that they didn't have automatic/ semi automatics back then.... They had "muzzle loaders". Ok- think about that name "Muzzle Loaders" what that means is you gotta load that bad boy. You can't just find it in mom's jewelry box and go blammo. First it's bigger then mom's jewelry box, second you've got to take several steps to make sure it shots correctly and if you mess ANY step up, you could either wind up with nothing or blow both your arms off.
You had one shot. The gun was BIG and BULKY.
Heck they recently struck down a law here in Ma. REQUIRING you to bring a gun to church. Yeah, if you were a man you had to bring a gun to church to help protect the women and children- this gun was struck down because... well we have police and they're better trained and are able to respond much quicker then even dreamed in the 1700's.

I think that the only reason to have a gun that shoots multiple shoots per minute is to shoot at a crowd of people. You're saying accuracy doesn't matter, what matters is the maximum amount of bullets in a maximum amount of targets in a minimum amount of time because you CAN NOT aim a semi automatic so that bullet #3 will hit within 5 inches of bullet #1.

There is no good reason to get rid of the Brady Bill unless you are a criminal, terrorists, gun manufacturer or... a politician getting money from the gun manufacturer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home