Wedding Bells North V. South
I was just watching the news, flipping channels and I heard an interesting FACT, Ma. has a LOWER divorce rate then southern bible belt states.
LET me repeat that.
The 'red states' are worried because Massachusetts has allowed GAY marriages, and this will somehow WEAKEN the holy sacity of marriage, HOWEVER there is a higher divorce rate in Alabama- a 'red state' that's against gay marriage.
So what's their excuse for getting divorced?
Now I realized that the first site I found was a Boston paper so I went to try and find other sites. One of the ones I found was THIS, I thought it was rather funny. Basically the Mormons have also noted that the divorce rate- oddly seems HIGHER in the southern states, which claim to be more religious. So the Church of Latter Day Saints tries to point out that THEIR state has the lowest divorce rate, if you don't count the Northeast States- which I do ;-)
Two old sites cites that Ma. has had the lowest rate in 1994 and 1998. In fact in both of those years Ma. has a rate of 2.4 compared to Texas' 5.4. And it amazes me that Utah has a higher rate then Ca.
LET me repeat that.
The 'red states' are worried because Massachusetts has allowed GAY marriages, and this will somehow WEAKEN the holy sacity of marriage, HOWEVER there is a higher divorce rate in Alabama- a 'red state' that's against gay marriage.
So what's their excuse for getting divorced?
Now I realized that the first site I found was a Boston paper so I went to try and find other sites. One of the ones I found was THIS, I thought it was rather funny. Basically the Mormons have also noted that the divorce rate- oddly seems HIGHER in the southern states, which claim to be more religious. So the Church of Latter Day Saints tries to point out that THEIR state has the lowest divorce rate, if you don't count the Northeast States- which I do ;-)
Two old sites cites that Ma. has had the lowest rate in 1994 and 1998. In fact in both of those years Ma. has a rate of 2.4 compared to Texas' 5.4. And it amazes me that Utah has a higher rate then Ca.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home