Proper Blessing for Bush ?
I watched Fiddler on the Roof yesterday... I prolly shouldn't've because it's sort of a depressing movie. While it's one of the MOST Jewish movies out there, and has a couple of good songs, the undercurrent is that our hero Tevya has to face a 'changing' world as he tries to help his daughters find happiness which means actually BREAKING with tradition, and must also deal with Russian Cossacks, who live at the fringe of the village and act as an unwanted police force.
I could not bring myself to watch the end, where the Cossacks force the whole village to move... just because the Czar wants them moved. HOWEVER the real reason I put it in was a line at the beginning, which I prolly should've stopped the dvd after seeing.
A bunch of Jews ask their Rabbi "Is their a proper blessing for the Czar?" Now as I said, under the Czar Jews were terribly oppressed, so they are sort of asking 'is there a blessing for our enemy?'
To which the Rabbi says " Yes, may god bless and keep the Czar.... FAR AWAY FROM US"
I could not bring myself to watch the end, where the Cossacks force the whole village to move... just because the Czar wants them moved. HOWEVER the real reason I put it in was a line at the beginning, which I prolly should've stopped the dvd after seeing.
A bunch of Jews ask their Rabbi "Is their a proper blessing for the Czar?" Now as I said, under the Czar Jews were terribly oppressed, so they are sort of asking 'is there a blessing for our enemy?'
To which the Rabbi says " Yes, may god bless and keep the Czar.... FAR AWAY FROM US"


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home