Messages in Bottles

Friday, November 05, 2004

I shaved the other day

I grew a beard around last x-mas. I loved my beard. I had originally grown it so that my mom would complain about IT instead of my weight. See I'm over weight and the ONLY over weight member of my family so I get a lot of flack for it. I also know that my mom prefers me clean shaven so I figured MAYBE her dislike of the beard would trump her whining about my weight.

I grew to like the beard as I grew it. I preferred it long and sort of unkempt. I did however get it trimmed before job interviews and seeing my family

HOWEVER after the election, I realized that the job market is about to get MUCH harder for me. Thus I have to appear neat looking and clean shaven looks 'more proper' then a beard.

So on Wednesday, I faced the truth about my unemployment... I took out a pair sissors and I cut my beard and then dulled two razor blades making my face clean shaven again.

I haven't been able to sleep well the past couple of nights... tossing and turning and I can't help but think PART of it is for the first time in about a year I feel the pillow next to my cheek.

I hate the fact that I have to 'look' a certain way to get a job. But right now, and prolly for the next decade or so, the employers hold ALL the cards

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home