My confab with Evan...
So I called Evan last night, just to shoot crap and mostly take his mind off of things. I also wanted to BRIEFLY re-affirm that everything's going to be alright.
In our like 40 min confab. I think I took only a min. or so to tell him that we're all rooting for him and he shouldn't worry- that it sounds pretty major surgery but odds also sounded pretty good.
This was only the third ACTUAL conversation I've had with him in all the years I've known him. The first time was years ago when I was going to go to Comic Con and wanted to talk to him about it, the second was less then a month ago to try and lift his spirits. I thought it was a nice chat.
I had the volume of my phone turned up as last time I often was going 'huh? What did he say?' So I ended up hearing the background noise of his house, i.e. his kids making a good amount of noise. As a bachelor, I found these sounds oddly nice. I'm sure if I lived with the 7 kids that Evan has, I'd go nuts but on the phone it sounded like nice lively background noise. And Evan was nice enough to tell me how to properly respond Aeia... I always pronounced it like a Xena battle cry, but Evan says it's pronounced like Maya. Which I thought was very useful as Maya is the name of my older brother's dog.
We also briefly talked about the others in the weird email friendships we have- in specific what I call the Canadian contingency. As I told him that I had a conversation with Adam about how Adam was told by Kel how to pronounce Adj. I still thought this was a funny conversation because, as I told Evan, if I was to speak to adj. I'd just call her Adrienne. Seeing as I would be speaking TA HER, I wouldn't worry about how many letters I gotta type.
I also thought it was funny that Evan also mentioned how he was AMAZED at how old Jet, Adj's son, was. Now I thought this was DARN amusing, and told Evan that... Because well I have NO clue how old Jet is. At a guess I'd put him around 4 as I know he's older then my nephew, who's two. Likewise I have to do fancy math to figure out Aeia's age. Evan thought it was funny because I told him that I didn't know how old Jet was because Adj.'s doesn't put pictures of him up. Evan mentioned that Adj. had talked to him earlier this week and complained about my begging for pictures of Jet.
HA!
Actually I think that's pretty much the whole reason I'm blogging this... is to mention the fact that I mentioned to Evan I want to see pictures of Jet, and Adj. complained that I want to see pictures of Jet.
;-)
Esp. as Evan won't read this til AFTER he gets discharged.
but he knows I, and his other internet friends are wishing him well.
In our like 40 min confab. I think I took only a min. or so to tell him that we're all rooting for him and he shouldn't worry- that it sounds pretty major surgery but odds also sounded pretty good.
This was only the third ACTUAL conversation I've had with him in all the years I've known him. The first time was years ago when I was going to go to Comic Con and wanted to talk to him about it, the second was less then a month ago to try and lift his spirits. I thought it was a nice chat.
I had the volume of my phone turned up as last time I often was going 'huh? What did he say?' So I ended up hearing the background noise of his house, i.e. his kids making a good amount of noise. As a bachelor, I found these sounds oddly nice. I'm sure if I lived with the 7 kids that Evan has, I'd go nuts but on the phone it sounded like nice lively background noise. And Evan was nice enough to tell me how to properly respond Aeia... I always pronounced it like a Xena battle cry, but Evan says it's pronounced like Maya. Which I thought was very useful as Maya is the name of my older brother's dog.
We also briefly talked about the others in the weird email friendships we have- in specific what I call the Canadian contingency. As I told him that I had a conversation with Adam about how Adam was told by Kel how to pronounce Adj. I still thought this was a funny conversation because, as I told Evan, if I was to speak to adj. I'd just call her Adrienne. Seeing as I would be speaking TA HER, I wouldn't worry about how many letters I gotta type.
I also thought it was funny that Evan also mentioned how he was AMAZED at how old Jet, Adj's son, was. Now I thought this was DARN amusing, and told Evan that... Because well I have NO clue how old Jet is. At a guess I'd put him around 4 as I know he's older then my nephew, who's two. Likewise I have to do fancy math to figure out Aeia's age. Evan thought it was funny because I told him that I didn't know how old Jet was because Adj.'s doesn't put pictures of him up. Evan mentioned that Adj. had talked to him earlier this week and complained about my begging for pictures of Jet.
HA!
Actually I think that's pretty much the whole reason I'm blogging this... is to mention the fact that I mentioned to Evan I want to see pictures of Jet, and Adj. complained that I want to see pictures of Jet.
;-)
Esp. as Evan won't read this til AFTER he gets discharged.
but he knows I, and his other internet friends are wishing him well.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home