Messages in Bottles

Saturday, August 06, 2005

Bankin'

I got my NEW Century Bank card on Thursday and I felt pretty good but not ‘normal’ as I still needed my password. See Century Bank sent the bank card and password in separate envelopes for protection. I didn’t get the new password until today and wasn’t too happy. See the password was random, not something I had created… And to be honest it’s a little on the simple side. I can’t tell you how simple, just that I memorized it because of the pattern.
Now I went to use the card… I wasn’t able to use it at the branch I opened my account, I don’t know if this was because I wasn’t using the card right or if the ATMs are part of the bank lobby with posted times. I decided to read… I mean look at ;-) a couple of magazines at the BU Bookstore while I decided my next step. While at the bookstore, I noticed that they had a Century Bank ATM by the door. I was very happy that it was one of those machines that you slide your card in and out ASAP, so it wouldn’t eat my card if I got things wrong. I remembered my password and was given many options including that of changing my password. I almost changed my password but I didn’t because I realized I was entering in a simple pattern… and I feared that if I changed it, I might forget it. So I’ll figure out some number combo I’ll remember- write it down and then try to change it tomorrow night or Monday after my job interview.

I feel much more complete now that I have a bank card that works.

{update: I can't for the life of me figure out how to update my amazon account but that's ok paypal doesn't accept my new card. I think it was because I didn't actually do anything but check the card worked and then canceled things as I changed my mind about my changing my password. I think I have to actually do something with the bank card, so I'll make sure for sure to change the password tomorrow and withdraw some money.}

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home