Messages in Bottles

Thursday, July 21, 2005

Evan Update

I spoke to Evan on Tuesday and Wednesday. He said he was a bit bored being in the hospital, so I tried to chat with him about this and that and just stay on the phone til I needed to hang up( it's hot here and aqua is needed).

Evan seemed in pretty good spirits both times I talked to him. He coughed a bit but told me that was good as it like got the phelm out. He also told me sadly that the hospital kept his rib.... but he plans to still prank his friends with a fake rib on the barbie.

He told me that if things go well today, they're gonna take some X-rays of his lungs, that the hospital will release him today. Yippe! I forgot to ask him when he might be on line for his own update... He just made sure I knew that if I did NOT hear anything from Denise that I should assume that he got released from the hospital. Of course, with the 3 hour time difference I most likely wouldn't know til tomorrow am if he wasn't released.

Again he's said he's doing well, however he's been told that he's going to have to take it easy for over a month.... which means no driving( as it's his side that would be the problem) or giving piggy back rides to the kinders or generally picking up heavy stuff.

It really seems that we've got the best possible outcome: They only took out 1/2 the lung, they found the canceroid and Evan's leaving the hospital after about a week.
*sigh*
Very happy about it... and figured I'd share.

2 Comments:

  • At 7/21/2005 11:10:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That's wonderful, I'm happy he's in good spirits. Thanks for sharing.

    ~ Aimee

     
  • At 7/22/2005 12:15:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    drew--thanks for being my reporter. I'm HOME now. will do minor online visits over the coming days.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home