Fictional Sex Meme
Finally a meme that I didn't get from even ;-)
I got it off a friends list of a friend of adj's.
It's a bunch(5) fictional people you'd sleep with.
1) Jeannie as in 'I Dream of...' Man, she was hot and the reason I watched the show. Not that I wouldn't mind her sister Jeannie either or with. I'd watch the show as a kid just to watch Jeannie jiggle.
2) She Hulk- There's something sexy about her. Brains and Brawns. Plus she has like two sexy bodies so there's a bit of a switch up if you get tired climbing the green giantess...
3) Saavik from Star Trek 2- again there seems to be a balance between her romulan sex appeal and her Vulcan intellect.
4) Capt. Francesca 'Franky' Cook- Female Nick Fury. I loved Jolie with the eye patch and I really liked her diving outfit.
5) Starfire- Sexy Alien babe.
Yes I thought it was odd that Wonder Woman didn't make the top 5, but I don't sleep with killers ;-)
I got it off a friends list of a friend of adj's.
It's a bunch(5) fictional people you'd sleep with.
1) Jeannie as in 'I Dream of...' Man, she was hot and the reason I watched the show. Not that I wouldn't mind her sister Jeannie either or with. I'd watch the show as a kid just to watch Jeannie jiggle.
2) She Hulk- There's something sexy about her. Brains and Brawns. Plus she has like two sexy bodies so there's a bit of a switch up if you get tired climbing the green giantess...
3) Saavik from Star Trek 2- again there seems to be a balance between her romulan sex appeal and her Vulcan intellect.
4) Capt. Francesca 'Franky' Cook- Female Nick Fury. I loved Jolie with the eye patch and I really liked her diving outfit.
5) Starfire- Sexy Alien babe.
Yes I thought it was odd that Wonder Woman didn't make the top 5, but I don't sleep with killers ;-)


4 Comments:
At 8/09/2005 10:43:00 PM,
Anonymous said…
hahahahahahahahahaha there's a lot of comic characters on there, I would never even have thought of that genre-ooh evil jeannie-those were always my fave eps, like with samantha & serena on bewitched, evil twins are classic;-D
like I said, I wouldn't have thought in a comic book mindset, so I didn't notice an absence of WW until you mentioned it, but come to think of, going by your reasoning...? I saw the comments onlist and such, and I am flummoxed at the uproar-I can't even see where you could get much debate from it?
yeah, I def understand what you (& others) said, and I realize you will not agree with my opinion, but I would have killed him too-how is that a crime? he's a bad guya villain, caught in the act, with a rap sheet behind him of unpunishable deeds and a blueprint in front of him for continuing his heinous plans, which include actual murder, much as he did to beetle? and I am no afficianado, but I am quite certain I read that max lord was an android/cyborg/robot thing? he's not even organic sentient life-he's basically an amalgam of every clich�d super computer gone bad when it's programming "evolves"-I haven't gotten to see or read the scene yet other than the details I gleaned from what y'all you described, but how else was she to stop him? to prevent the pain & injustice? if I am correct, superman was under his control, or something? so she had ttake him out of the way-no idea where the other heroes were but seriously, no one is really above wonder woman other than supes (my opinion)
she is an amazon and warrior, that's what they do-she is like an instrument of the "gods", themselves not always merciful-the point of having the extreme powers and strength to vanquish is to counterbalance against the unstoppable forces that require to exist in the first place-what's wrong with vengeance? diana, afterall, is a "person", unlike max-she is not immune to feelings or motivations or thought processes-so how would she not feel all the hurt that he caused, not be oriented to make the fallen's lives count for something and their cries not go unheard, and not to use her brains to formulate, probably in the heat of the moment as well as with her experience and instincts and know that much like whomever you guys trotted out (i.e. luthor, joker, etc.), that to slap him on the wrist so he could escape and/or continue his ways and not pay was ludicrous and a mockery to what the jla stands for?
because to me, the only reasons lex and the joker et al. always get away or come out after stints in the pokey or bin or fake being rehabiliated while they kill time is because they are way popular and iconic foes and every hero needs a foil, especially the ultimate arch rival-and we are talking about comic books here-there is no story without them-in the end, it is all gonna come back to the biggest of the big bads cuz that is what the audience craves and expects and would be disappointed for some litle nobody nothing to pop up at the eleventh hour to assume some mantle that "you" did not spend like your whole literate life investing your passion for the characters and their lives in-can you tell me you would be cool with that?
so I see zero comparison there, and frankly, superman is way to boy scout to ever even consider killing one of them-I always thought batman, at least the dark knight version they prefer in the books, would so not bat (pun intended) an eye at dropping one off a roof or shooting them between the eyes-I just tink his approach would have been more gothic and appear to be that they almost did it to themselves-so I don't know if the other heroes are as up in arms as you guys seem to be about this, but it's about time one of them got what was coming to them-they certainly don't blink to off or maim one of the good guys, right? fighting the crime in the first place doesn't "bring them down to their level", does it? you are gonna quibble at the what? the one in thousands she (or any of them) has permanently (and who is to say that is even possible in a comic let alone to an artificial lifeform) or is it the means & ways she performed her duty (I think someoen said she snapped his neck?)? sounds pretty damn merciful to me-I would have made him suffer a bit more, but she didn;t drag it out-she doesn;t kill for sport-warriors don't-they don't even stand for killing, they stand for fighting-and whatever they are firghting for, is for protection of hwat they hold dear or are charged with-she is an ambassador to *man's* world-assigned to be their guardan and in her heart, I believe they have portaryed her as extremely peaceful and searching for another answer, sometiems the less popular or harder one to come by-but I have never seen her be impatient and I do find this completely in character rather than against it-it doesn't reveal her true nature as one of a murderer or even an avenging spirit-it is no diff than the soldier at war or the cop caught in battle-and this ain't an utopic civilization, but for civilization to actually exist, there has to be a place for justice and honor-if he was not stopped, there was no justice-and if his deeds were left to linger alongside the blood he shed, where is the honor in that to her fallen comrades? where is the point of her existence if she ignores the warnings and doesn't do what she knws to be the right thing, the hard thing, but the necessary thing?
she's not a moron or a hothead, she didn't just make the decision easily or lightly-I mean, if one can read such things into a character written the way the writer chooses for the purposes of storyline and drama-and I think everything she stood for still stands for her, within her, and only because of her
and that's why I think you guys missed the boat-but I always enjoy reading your opinions;-D
- carolyn
At 8/11/2005 09:39:00 AM,
Drew said…
Ok...
First- talk to your husband. I don't mean this as a 'you can't have an opinion without him' I mean it as 'get your facts straight'. See one of the problems Scott had with the scene refered to the fact that Max WAS human. There was a story that had Max turn into a robot but as a robot he had lost his pheromonal powers, SOOO DC decided to ignore the robot story- so Max Lords was human when she kilt him. IN COLD BLOOD.
That's one of the other problems I have with this action. Yes Wonder Woman is a warrior but she's SUPPOSE to be a PEACEFUL warrior, more in the style of a shilon monk or karate black belt. She came to 'man's world' to teach the Western World that war should be the LAST resort and based on that she should've thought of something ELSE, even if it means calling for backup like Batman or Green Lantern or Oracle. I think she made the decision lightly as she didn't even TRY anything else. She was standing there with Max and Superman... Superman is in 'pain' and useless and Max is egging Wonder Woman on... and she kills him. She doesn't knock him out and take him to STAR- and ask them to take out the gland making the pheromones or GL could easily come( with a gas mask on) and jail Max on the moon...
That leads me to another thing, yeah I think that Joker needs to be taken down- I think Joker got 'broken' in No Man's Land but I don't think Batman should be the one to do it. You see one of the reasons to read comics is to read about people who are BIGGER then life... moral people who help the law but don't really take the law into their own hands.
I mean some fans talk about if superheros should kill and part of my reasoning is I don't want the police to kill someone, and I feel that superheroes are SUPER police and they should be held to a certain standard.
And while yes I know in comics the gods actually exist... but again in these panels we don't see Hera telling Wonder Woman to kill Max, and with the current American trends I really don't want to hear about HOLY Warriors.
And lastly there's a reason that there was a winking face at the end ;-) I was KIDDING. While I seriously don't think that Wonder Woman should've done what they made her do( like X-men Editors made the writers have Storm 'kill' Marrow) Starfire, who's on the list, is a real warrior woman, no peacenik her, and she would kill if push came to shove- which is in character for her. I don't think they had Starfire ever kill but it was CLEAR in New Teen Titans that she had no quams. Likewise I think Franky as a female Nick Fury has killed. I put the line about WW because as I did the list, I kept wondering where Di would be on the list and when I was done I noticed she wasn't on it... and I was ok with that I really perfered the 5 I picked.
At 8/11/2005 02:02:00 PM,
Anonymous said…
[ Ok... First- talk to your husband. I don't mean this as a 'you can't have an opinion without him' I mean it as 'get your facts straight'. ]
Okay...first, last, & always. Huh?? I cannot even begin to fathom just who the fuck you think you are talking to??? And I don't mean this as a 'you can't have an opinion without me agreeing with you', I mean it as 'get YOUR facts straight'.
I am not, nor ever have been, married. Why this is a prerequisite to waxing non-poetic BOGGLES the (oh-so-addled) mind. I only pray I can come up with a cogent response to all your high-falutin' big worded over-my-head suppositions. Tee-hee, I'll try to really focus, Sir.
See, an opinion isn't fact, and all I did state was (and I know I completely qualified this at least twice) was that they were indeed wholly my own opinions, and that furthermore, I fully expected you to find fault with my view, logic, and ponderings.
And the only reason I responded - and I didn't go out of my way to hunt down something I could attack - was that I really really did find it really really interesting regarding the arguments on this topic I have been bombarded with in my inbox by y'all and on some other lists. When I saw your remark, which I did get the facetiousness of it, the wink not necessary, it reminded me and I found it the most intriguing part of your post. I have a pretty good handle on where your politics and leanings lie, so it did not stun me.
However, from this tirade, I _am_ blindsided.
I didn't write with vitriol, nor was I even in a bad mood when I wrote it. I found it a cool debate and I just said what came to mind that exact second I read it. And besides the fact that it is a goddamned comic book and a fictional character ALWAYS being colored by whomever is assigned her at that specific moment in time, so that she must constantly appear to adapt - with huge suspension of belief - to the new regime's dictum, even applied to 'real life' status, I still agree with absolutely nothing you said.
You seem to only see the big picture and miss the details. Circumstances and timing make up a good 90% of any situation you find yourself in - that doesn't leave a lot of wiggle room for 'what-if's' and wild extrapolations of trying this versus that or that... and flowcharts of equations delineating exactly how much time was available to her, what resources could possibly reach them, weighing every pro & con... cuz guess what? Every Pro has a Con. There are no Absolutes. Even people with strong moral fiber and scruples and clear strangleholds on their virtues can be swayed, pushed, manipulated, weakened. And it is not due to overanalysis or ruminating on fascinating theories involving peace/love/happiness. It is all due to Feelings.
Going by YOUR definition of her, the ultimate Diana, she is nothing BUT a harbinger of ever-lovin' serenity and a god herself to take every last minute factor and possible outcome into play in what we can at least agree was not over a leisurely lunch? And I counter your OWN argument that if she is as wise and infallible in these doctrines as you purport, then give her some credit; even if Max was a human - and I swear I read he was not - NOTHING changes. Do you mean "IN COLD BLOOD" like how he executed Blue Beetle?? Or perhaps in his other dispatches? Or do you fault her for killing him so his evil plans did not come to fruition cuz technically that was still a few months off for finality and maybe he would have seen the error of his ways? Or you feel sitting in a cell would do that for him? Or you just doggone prefer your lapses in "continuity" to contain time-travelers to come back to our time to undo the mess that was made and stop what should have been stopped at the time except that no one was able to, for whatever reasons, be they knowledge, opportunity, ability, or cajones?
I might be misanthropic, but I don't think just existing is divine. It certainly does not mean all life is precious nor that all is worthless. I don't believe in any god, I don't even believe in religion. I do, however, believe in evolution and overpopulation. I can understand how all this flies in your face and I respect your right to your own opinions, my contention was with your points regarding your argument. Those are what I tried to see the angles on, and I found them most wanting. I also found it most curious that so many people found this particular incident either so disturbing or just disturbingly out of character. She cannot speak for herself - and even if she did materialize, I gather she would STILL be written by a MAN? - and I in no way felt that this opinion was gospel, anymore than I thought yours was... ridiculous. I appreciated the elucidation on how and why you could come to such conclusions, and that is what made me write back what I had been thinking on it.
And your whole supposition of what and what not a warrior makes? We see not so much eye to eye on this. She would NOT be Wonder Woman - as in a super heroine gifted with extreme powers - if they had NO purpose. Because...... HER purpose is to fight. We fight with words and proposals and schemes and brains. We also fight with weapons and tricks and strength. And there really isnt a true hero alive that doesn't resort to such actions only after heavy consideration and non-violent measures. That is a given - do you not get that? Can you not see beyond the one panel or thought bubble to read more into what was going on?
Can you not see the difference between an assembly on 'what should be done about this ?' versus thrown into this abominable pressure-cooked moment in time and having only YOURSELF to make the call, not only the weighing so burdensome on your shoulders if you are doing the RIGHT(?) thing but that you are enough to follow-through and have enough to succeed???
And I'm sorry, but my father is a cop and even if I was the ignorant clueless helpless mental-deficient you paint me as, I have to tell you that heinous individuals do ACTUALLY exist and they CANNOT be trusted nor rehabilitated and that you are, if nothing else, and that is debatable, a blissful fool if you think things are so black & white and untouchable or unmalleable in the real world OR a comic. Because I DO want the killer killed. And I do want the police to protect - even if it is just themselves in that fleeting moment. Because only in the comic are they superhuman and only in the comic are you expected to be both a paragon of might and infallible of that same human heart you ascribe to her, as yours bleeds so profusely over this minor act. It is not the death that is minor nor the way it was achieved, it was minor that in the end, there will still be another in his place tomorrow, that the "peace" is a temporary resolution. Be that as it may, I bet the people still "breathing" because he was stopped don't feel it is all _that_ temporary.
And I do like Wonder Woman, and I am proud of what she did as much as I feel her pain that I know, given how they portray her, that they will curse her to hold onto. I think she was every inch the HERO and maintained her CHARACTER and still held aloft HONOR, LOYALTY, JUSTICE, FRIENDSHIP. And for someone so obviously "up with people", I would think having someone's back or not forgetting your fallen comrades would hold some kind of meaning for YOU.
She, like ANYONE else, including Superman or Batman, can never be ALL right or wrong. At least she TRIED. And if you think she gave it zero thought or had nil consideration over the consequences or most laughable, no appreciation for ANY life, you are just plain wrong.
Though I am really old, I assure you I haven't quite lost my faculties yet. And the day I need ANYONE, be that Animal, Vegetable, Mineral, or Female,
let alone some misguided misogynistic member of the Male species - and you surely deserve your own segregated "species" - is the day _I_ become a fictional character. Because only in the vastness of some warped imagination can I even entertain the thought of you replying in such a manner to a guy, be they friend or stranger. I did not patronize you and I definitely would not condescend based on Gender or Marital Status, much as I don't based on Intelligence.
I knew it couldn't be personal, there is no reason for it, and I highly doubt I hurt your sensitive feelings as all I did was not share your point of view. But it sure does explain a lot of things. And I sure can ameliorate this troublesome predicament for you, Drew, so that it never happens again. For though I may have brought you such Misery, it truly was MISS-ery, not Ms. or Mrs.
Much with the luck to you. I hope this was legible, my pimp wrote it for me.
- Carolyn ;-D
At 8/22/2005 02:17:00 PM,
Unknown said…
WonderWOman wouldn't make my list because she's too butch for me and I'd want someone who ouwld let me be on top SOMETIMES
Post a Comment
<< Home