Messages in Bottles

Thursday, November 10, 2005

Getting Mad Baby!

Ok... I'm peeved at the Post Office.

Big Time.

Mad Baby!

Basically there are two items that I've been expecting for about two weeks from merchants on Ebay.

I emailed both of the sellers today after checking with the local Post Office branch to make sure that these packages were NOT there. They were not, so I emailed the two sellers. One seller got back to me and told me that he *had* sent the items and gave me the tracking number. The tracking number showed that, indeed, the package had been delivered.

I am currently thinking that what happened was that the mailperson was a LAZY s.o.b. and left it in the lobby. You see I live in an apartment building. An apartment building with students who, this quarter, seem prone to leaving empties in the hallways. I can easily imagine the postal worker leaving the package in the lobby and then someone ELSE taking it before I see it.

I have talked to the post office about this and am waiting to here back from the hub from where packages in my area get delivered.
To be frank, I don't expect to get satsifaction from the post office... but I would like to make them pay for at least the one ebay item I know was shipped. It cost me what I currently consider a good chunk of change...
*AND* I just checked ebay and while ONE person has the item that I want listed a) They have about 89 negative feedback[ which is about 85 more then I'm comfortable with] and b) unless the post office gives me money for the first order, I can't afford buy it again.

The second package, I'm not sure I'm going to be able to nail to the post office... as it was an international shipping- I'm not sure if the seller would get delivery confirmation or anything like that.
And I don't think I can go to paypal... because the problem wasn't seller fraud but post office mistake.

The only solution I see to my problem is raising heck with the post office and perhaps telling people to ship to the game store. I did that years ago, while I was in grad. school as I never knew my schedule and had a problem with UPS 'letting' someone else sign for a package... I stopped that when my friend the first manager of the game store left... and I didn't like his replacement, but now that I have a friend again at the gamestore... That's what I might have to do.

Dagnabbit. It just irks me... because I'd prefer to get the items I paid for but failing that I'd sorta like the post office to give me my money back.

5 Comments:

  • At 11/10/2005 04:43:00 PM, Blogger Angie said…

    I hear ya!!

    I despise and detest the US Postal Service (but shhh, my brother works for them) because they're forever screwing the simplest things up.

    Sigh.

     
  • At 11/10/2005 04:44:00 PM, Blogger Angie said…

    P.S. It's funny because I was just saying that I was gonna have to have a talk with my mail man in my post today.

     
  • At 11/10/2005 07:49:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Drew, please delete my comment above (I'll tell you why in private).

    talking to the mailmen does nothing... lodging a formal complaint does nothing...

    I've my own postoffice tale to tell next week.

    Drew, the international order... you could ask PayPal for a refund. The seller should be able to provide the number from the customs slip (which can be tracked) if he actually sent it

     
  • At 11/12/2005 02:21:00 PM, Blogger Drew said…

    Can understand and relate to 'playing nice' because a relative 'works' somewhere. Have had several conversations with my older bro who WORKED for Sen. Kerry and remains loyal to Kerry... while I personally don't think much of MY younger senator( brothers all live in Ca.).

    I emailed the international order and they can NOT find a record of them sending the item. This made me very glad that I didn't show them my hand and tell them I was having problems with the post office... Since they can't 'show their work' they've offered to send it 'again', as they have proof of my payment but not proof of their sending it.

    So I should be good with the international item HOWEVER it was the item(s) from the U.S. that cost more and I was sorta looking forward to.
    Can I ask if you know if there's a reason paypal will cover international orders and not stuff within the U.S.? As I have proof of shipment from the place in the U.S.

    I'm going to ask the international to ship to the game store citing 'traveling for the holidays' as a reason for the address switch. As again, while the fault could very well be their's, it also could've been the post office

     
  • At 11/14/2005 06:09:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    You answered your own question--
    If you didn't have proof that the items arrived at their intended address (though not to you) via the delivery confirmation numbers, PayPal has no other way of believing you when you say you didn't get it--and big evil corporation that they are, they won't just take your word for it. If there had been no delivery confirmation number, or it said the item hadn't arrived, or had arrived somewhere OTHER than your place, PayPal would allow you to charge back and file a complaint.

    Which reminds me, you could try to have the payment reversed from whatever you used to fund paypal for the purchase.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home