Messages in Bottles

Sunday, October 30, 2005

It WORKS!

While I'm very sleepy (let what the poozer at the gamestore said to me yesterday get to me, and forgot to change my clock BEFORE I got up and had breakfast). My computer seems to be humming along fine.


Basically after being told by two sources that GoBack sux... I came back home and 'turned it off'. It took about 3 tries to do it... but AFTER that my computer booted up no prob. I then immediately exported my netscape bookmarks and backed up ALL my non Sims 2 crap…. It was only a little over a gig as I don’t currently have much on my computer… but I put it on a dvd rom so it would ALL be in one place. Then I printed out two copies of my address book so I have a hard copy for the NEXT time I have problems with my computer. I surfed the web a bit last night but then turned my computer off last night- not in sleep mode but actually off.

I booted up my computer this am with NO problem… it even ended up reminding me that today was daylight savings time… as the clock was an hour different then my VCR.

So I’m still unhappy with alienware because I don’t think they have good customer service BUT consider myself currently lucky (HA!) because I don’t have to get a new hard drive for my computer.

And will prolly beg my folks for an external hard drive for the holidays… though as said most of my stuff fits on a dvd or two… I think if I had a external memory source I’d be more likely to back up on a regular basis.

Oh and also uninstalled GoBack so that it didn't turn itself back on or something...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home