Messages in Bottles

Saturday, October 29, 2005

Bad Everything....

It's really been more then a bad day or bad week or bad month... but today really seems to be the topper.

I'm at the Boston Public Library right now... waited 40 min. for an hour access to the internet. I did this because I wanted to e-mail the manager of the game store...

I've found out that the problem with my computer isn't alienware, it's goback. I've heard from two sources that goback is a pain in the computer @$$. I'm still leaving up the blog about alienware because I'm still not happy with their customer service.
My first source was asking a guy who works at Best Buy to ask his 'co workers' at Geek Squad if they could help me and IF so how much it would cost...
He told me after hearing my story they wouldn't touch my computer... that this is the fault of goback and I will just have to restore my hard drive MINUS norton's go back.
I asked my store manager/ friend to ask a computer nerd friend that we both know to verify this... and the email I got from my manager basically confirmed this. SO after I use up my time at BPL... going home in the snow and restore my computer to factory specs and NOT put norton's utilities on the computer.

HOWEVER... my bad mood is a many splendor thing. On my way to the library, I decided to check in at the game store on the guy that I don't like. Like last week, the front of the store was empty- screaming 'rob me' to me... Like last week he was in the back playing games with friends. I asked him if the NEW expansion to the game he was playing was out yet? He gave me a snide answer about how there has ONLY been ONE expansion to the game, which came out 6 months ago. Since I work at a game store and like to know things, I know there is to be another expansion to the game… A second expansion if you will… and I told him that there was to be a second expansion soon… in as snotty a tone as he answered me. As I was leaving he told me to stop, and physically got in my face. He told me that I was being snotty to him… and I retorted, as I just said here, I was giving him the same attitude that he was giving me. He then went on a personal attack. Since I don’t care what he thinks… I just turned around in place, walked a way and gave him the finger on my way out (and didn’t turn around to see his reaction to same).
So I was logging on here, not really expecting an answer to my computer question from my manager but to tell said manager/friend that a) I will never check up or be in the store with the other employee ever again and b) I feel so long as I outsell the twit- if he doesn’t do a task- like vacuuming or taking out the trash, then I feel I don’t have to either…
And I do outsell the twit. My Sunday numbers are usually better then his Saturdays, never mind that I’m opened for an hour and ½ less on Sundays.

Oh and FYI the bad mood started this morning because of the computer and not hearing back from ANY of the interviews I’ve had in the past week or so. I know that one of the Best Buys I applied to has a real staffing problem, but still somehow they’re not calling me and that does nothing to my self confidence.
And lack of sleep. My neighbors were very noisy last night… I think someone was banging on my door( or the door above me) at about 3am. I tried to keep the lights off and quietly put the chain on the door… and my phone in my bedroom just in case.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home