Mistrust
I’m tired but I wanted to blog about my boss as I had a conversation with him a week or two ago which made me feel unclean and that he was a complete s.o.b.
About a week before this conversation I was told that my manager had a “my space”, then about a day later he tells me HE’S heard that I have a “my space” page. I tell him that I heard it the other way around and he admits to having a myspace. I check it out, without telling him I’ve checked my space out for him… and then later it’s brought up again that he has an account and he admits the reason for having the account.
No, it’s not what I thought to be “hip” or meet people… but to check up on his minions. You see a bunch of the teenagers who work at the gift store have my space accounts and there are areas that you can’t go unless you’re a member- so he joined up to check on them. In the same confab, the boss admitted to firing someone for posting on my space that they were at work and how DULL it was.
Now I will admit that I think a person who logs in at work and complains about work on a semi public forum is sort of asking for it- but at the same time my boss was going sniffing for it. I don’t have a really good none techno image to create about this- I just feel that what my boss did was a bit dirty and again I feel that he’s not all that trustworthy.
If you think I’m over reacting or letting my rebellious nature( I hate bosses so ergo whatever my boss does must be scummy) color what he did… but right now I’m glad I’ve never told anyone there my blog or livejournal handle- though I did admit to him I had a live journal… I told a ½ truth and told him I only got it to comment to a friend’s lj, I didn’t tell the full truth and admit that since then I started my own lj- as I don’t want him to use anything I say against me.
About a week before this conversation I was told that my manager had a “my space”, then about a day later he tells me HE’S heard that I have a “my space” page. I tell him that I heard it the other way around and he admits to having a myspace. I check it out, without telling him I’ve checked my space out for him… and then later it’s brought up again that he has an account and he admits the reason for having the account.
No, it’s not what I thought to be “hip” or meet people… but to check up on his minions. You see a bunch of the teenagers who work at the gift store have my space accounts and there are areas that you can’t go unless you’re a member- so he joined up to check on them. In the same confab, the boss admitted to firing someone for posting on my space that they were at work and how DULL it was.
Now I will admit that I think a person who logs in at work and complains about work on a semi public forum is sort of asking for it- but at the same time my boss was going sniffing for it. I don’t have a really good none techno image to create about this- I just feel that what my boss did was a bit dirty and again I feel that he’s not all that trustworthy.
If you think I’m over reacting or letting my rebellious nature( I hate bosses so ergo whatever my boss does must be scummy) color what he did… but right now I’m glad I’ve never told anyone there my blog or livejournal handle- though I did admit to him I had a live journal… I told a ½ truth and told him I only got it to comment to a friend’s lj, I didn’t tell the full truth and admit that since then I started my own lj- as I don’t want him to use anything I say against me.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home