Messages in Bottles

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

My Thought Process


I want to blog a bit about what happened yesterday morning to me because I think it shows a bit about how I (don’t) think.

For ‘some’ reason yesterday morning I went to HCrealms. I think it was to find out how the tournaments went this weekend. So I go there and it mentions that the KC figures are now ‘retired’ so I turn in my chair from my computer to my bookshelves( and I NEED another one…) and I look at my bookshelf to look at MY KC Flash (aka the Jolly Rancher figures) and I notice that he’s not there!
My first reaction is PANIC! OMG! Why ISN’T he there? I think of emailing Evan to let him know about this… but then I start thinking. I first check where my Hypertime figures are. I have NEVER put my Hypertime figures away and they are on my middle bookshelf… while the KC Flash should’ve been on one of the outer bookshelves, I figure since he’s not there he might be with the other shelved figures, but he’s not. Then I check my bagged Uniques… and realize I don’t know which set he’s from… So I go back to HCrealms, find out he’s from legacy and look at THAT bag. Not there. I then come back to my computer- write an angry letter to Evan… explaining to him that I’m SURE that the KC Flash is on the floor in front of my bookcases… under the mess there- and I’m SURE I’m going to step on it while cleaning. I then cancel this and start cleaning around the bookcase where he should’ve been on. I start cleaning from the OUTSIDE IN, as that way I have less chance of stepping on the figure. I do find some books on the floor to support my theory of the figure falling BUT then I remember I put my Flash Family figures in a special place- the custom painted Reverse Flashes from Hypertime, the custom painted Jesse (before she, like RF, got an actual figures), a custom Impulse and the LE of Jesse…Along with a couple of other Flash Unique figures. I go to that collection… I find the HYPERTIME GA Flash, and I’m like ‘wow- I didn’t even notice he wasn’t with the other Hypertime Uniques’. And sure enough KC Flash is with the rest of the Flash Family.

I relaxed and unclenched, esp. as I was able to do ALL the above stressing and resolution BEFORE going to work- and I was even able to get to work early( as planned.)
And on my way to work- I started thinking… I should blog about this, as this shows my thought process. Finding a problem, stressing about the problem, thinking about writing to Evan to blow off steam, trying to solve the problem, stressing when the first solution doesn’t work, think about emailing Evan again, clean up a bit( creating a mess elsewhere), solving the problem and then thinking about blogging about all of the above.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home