Vote for your own darn rights
I was at work today, talking to a female coworker and she wanted to talk abit about the democratic protestors. She mentioned that she saw a bunch of anti abortion protestors, and she asked me where guys got off telling women what to do with THEIR bodies???
I told her I understood why men did it- MEN are evil! I've learnt that from all my gender classes, and Da Vinca Code, men use RELIGION to keep women down. Hence the fact that both Orthodox Jews and the Catholics both think of women as unclean and LESSER then men.
I then told her what I didn't understand was- WOMEN voting for pro life. I mean I can understand W. not trusting Welfare moms with the 'sanctity of life' BUT surely women understand the need for 'morning after' pills in case of rape or finding out the next morning there was a tear in the condom.
In fact I told her of the Crawford wives site I found yesterday complaining about the women of W. http://www.bushvchoice.com/trailerblog/index.html
I also told her of Mary Cheney- how she was the LESBIAN daughter of Dick, and she helped the Republicans get the gay votes. How could GAYS vote for a Born Again Christian? I guess they thought that W. wouldn't have to rule on gay marriages- like he is, because NOBODY expected the Massachusetts State Supreme Court to rule that gays could get married in 2004.
But to be fair- Mitt didn't know that the Court would do that- as HE ran, and Ma. Gays for SOME reason believed, he said that while his religion and he PRIVATELY thought gay marriage was wrong- he wouldn't stand in it's way. Now if I could go back in time and read Mitt's mind, I'm 90% sure that he had NO clue what the court would do... esp. he spent 2 months, of a 3 month stay of the Court's decision doing NOTHING and then doing everything he could to convert gay marriage to civil unions- which the Judges said would be wrong. Then when he couldn't get the courts to stop marriages for two years so that he could replace marriages to civil unions... he tried everything to stop gay marriages.
So I feel I must say in big burning all caps:
IF YOU WANT RIGHTS, DON'T VOTE FOR SOMEONE WHO'S GONNA TAKE THEM AWAY.
I mean think about this, 51% of Americans are females. So if ALL the women voted pro choice, and REALLY made that a central issue... we'd have better pro-choice laws. However, as mentioned above, women themselves straddle both sides of 'women issues'. When I see pro life protesters- usually there are more females there then men. Now I'm for women's right... but women have to be for them as well.
Just as gays have to be for gay rights. Any gay woman or man who voted for W. deserves what they get... I mean we all KNEW that W. was born again, and that it's in the bible that Sodomy is EVIL( and women are unclean). They should've known better. Same goes for the Log Cabin Republicans voting for Mitt.
Don't vote for someone because they might give $500 bucks in tax breaks- because then you tell W. what he wants to hear- YOU CAN BE BOUGHT. You're saying that as a woman, or gay person, you're willing to give up certain rights if he's willing to give you a little money.
sadly this also goes for poor people. If you lose your job, or the job market sucks... think about WHY big business is getting away with screwing you and your co workers. Don't settle for a $500 tax refund, because without medical benefits you're now gonna have to pay a $1,000 for your daughter's braces.
The Bushes and their friends vote for their own self interests- and so should you! If you're a mom and you fear about your 16 year old daughter getting raped, vote for someone who's for the morning after pill. If you think your daughter is gay, vote for someone who will let her have a wonderful loving relationship like you and your husband. And if you're worried about paying for her college, vote for a candidate who stands for educating America's youth... and actually FUNDING education.
If you're gay- don't vote for someone who thinks you're UNCLEAN and wants you in the closet all the time- save for when they need to trot you out for conventions to show how PRO gays they are...
Lastly, if you're a 19 year old male- don't vote for someone who might draft you into the Army and have you die for your country... esp. if THEY weren't willing to die for the self same country.
Now, I'm gonna vote for your rights as well as mine, because I'm a bleeding heart liberal... but ya know my vote won't count enough if YOU don't stop and think before you vote 'Who's more likely to look out for ME in Jan. 2005?'
I told her I understood why men did it- MEN are evil! I've learnt that from all my gender classes, and Da Vinca Code, men use RELIGION to keep women down. Hence the fact that both Orthodox Jews and the Catholics both think of women as unclean and LESSER then men.
I then told her what I didn't understand was- WOMEN voting for pro life. I mean I can understand W. not trusting Welfare moms with the 'sanctity of life' BUT surely women understand the need for 'morning after' pills in case of rape or finding out the next morning there was a tear in the condom.
In fact I told her of the Crawford wives site I found yesterday complaining about the women of W. http://www.bushvchoice.com/trailerblog/index.html
I also told her of Mary Cheney- how she was the LESBIAN daughter of Dick, and she helped the Republicans get the gay votes. How could GAYS vote for a Born Again Christian? I guess they thought that W. wouldn't have to rule on gay marriages- like he is, because NOBODY expected the Massachusetts State Supreme Court to rule that gays could get married in 2004.
But to be fair- Mitt didn't know that the Court would do that- as HE ran, and Ma. Gays for SOME reason believed, he said that while his religion and he PRIVATELY thought gay marriage was wrong- he wouldn't stand in it's way. Now if I could go back in time and read Mitt's mind, I'm 90% sure that he had NO clue what the court would do... esp. he spent 2 months, of a 3 month stay of the Court's decision doing NOTHING and then doing everything he could to convert gay marriage to civil unions- which the Judges said would be wrong. Then when he couldn't get the courts to stop marriages for two years so that he could replace marriages to civil unions... he tried everything to stop gay marriages.
So I feel I must say in big burning all caps:
IF YOU WANT RIGHTS, DON'T VOTE FOR SOMEONE WHO'S GONNA TAKE THEM AWAY.
I mean think about this, 51% of Americans are females. So if ALL the women voted pro choice, and REALLY made that a central issue... we'd have better pro-choice laws. However, as mentioned above, women themselves straddle both sides of 'women issues'. When I see pro life protesters- usually there are more females there then men. Now I'm for women's right... but women have to be for them as well.
Just as gays have to be for gay rights. Any gay woman or man who voted for W. deserves what they get... I mean we all KNEW that W. was born again, and that it's in the bible that Sodomy is EVIL( and women are unclean). They should've known better. Same goes for the Log Cabin Republicans voting for Mitt.
Don't vote for someone because they might give $500 bucks in tax breaks- because then you tell W. what he wants to hear- YOU CAN BE BOUGHT. You're saying that as a woman, or gay person, you're willing to give up certain rights if he's willing to give you a little money.
sadly this also goes for poor people. If you lose your job, or the job market sucks... think about WHY big business is getting away with screwing you and your co workers. Don't settle for a $500 tax refund, because without medical benefits you're now gonna have to pay a $1,000 for your daughter's braces.
The Bushes and their friends vote for their own self interests- and so should you! If you're a mom and you fear about your 16 year old daughter getting raped, vote for someone who's for the morning after pill. If you think your daughter is gay, vote for someone who will let her have a wonderful loving relationship like you and your husband. And if you're worried about paying for her college, vote for a candidate who stands for educating America's youth... and actually FUNDING education.
If you're gay- don't vote for someone who thinks you're UNCLEAN and wants you in the closet all the time- save for when they need to trot you out for conventions to show how PRO gays they are...
Lastly, if you're a 19 year old male- don't vote for someone who might draft you into the Army and have you die for your country... esp. if THEY weren't willing to die for the self same country.
Now, I'm gonna vote for your rights as well as mine, because I'm a bleeding heart liberal... but ya know my vote won't count enough if YOU don't stop and think before you vote 'Who's more likely to look out for ME in Jan. 2005?'


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home