My anger at an ex friend.
There's this guy I know- JP, and I stopped hanging out with him years ago because he's an asshole. Now it took me a while to realize that he was an asshole because I'm used to being a beta wolf. All my family are alpha wolves and big on having THEIR way so I'm used to 'not rocking the boat'( though they will tell you how stubborn I am). So I didn't notice at first that HE'D be the one to decide where we were eating... and I didn't mind SOO much that I'd have to trek out to his place, as I'm a messy person so I preferred to go to him then clean up... though he never offered to help pay my t-fare. He also was a bad host and would force me to play magic with him... something I cared not a whit for. However he was funny and SEEMED to be an easy going person so he hid his assholeness well, and some people thought it was worth it as he was amusing...
I stopped hanging out with him because we were walking and he started hitting me in the arm... He mentioned that someone else did this to him every time they passed a fire station... and how wasn't this JUST the most annoying thing EVER! For some reason, I'm not sure why, I turned to him opened up. I told him the most annoying thing was that my older brother used to beat me up as a kid. That to me was the most annoying. This idiot, rather then being touched that I shared... started hitting my upper arm more- proclaiming he wanted to be more annoying then my brother.
I told him about a 1/2 hour later- that if he didn't stop... I would stop hanging out with him. He made this into a game, suggesting that we meet a few years later on the top of the pru( ala affair to remember)... Since he took it as a joke and since to celebrate MY birthday( yeah he did this annoying behavior on my b'day)we went to a place HE wanted to go, I stopped hanging out with him.
I ran into him a few times over the past few years... Boston is sorta a small town and when you work retail there's always a chance that someone you don't want to see will walk into the store. He contacted me a few months ago, saying he was moving to England to find a job. I saw a movie with him.... but I realized I couldn't SUGGEST a movie, I had to shoot down his ideas till HE came up with a movie I'd like to see... which was fine. We then went to a vegan Chinese restaurant. I don't eat red meat or pork but I would NEVER subject anyone to vegan 'pretend' food. It's one thing to eat a salad or a vegetable soup( like gazpatco) but subject someone to tofu. ick.
Anyway I recently emailed him to ask him how things were in England. He mentioned he couldn't find a job and had moved in with his sister. A week later I emailed him about Invincible- a comic a friend lent me. I loved Invincible and wanted to share my love of this book with all my comic reading friends. He thanked me and told me "my life is hell" he then asked me how my life was.
I told him that I didn't want to talk about my life- that I had no job, no job prospects, that I fear the two years of hard work and money for grad school will count for naught and I'll have to get a shit job, I had to shave my beard for job prospects, and " And bush fucking won. It drives me insane that he won and considers getting 3 million votes more then his opponent to be a MANDATE from insane Christians to do their bidding"
His response has my blood boiling... and reminds me why I don't want to hang out with him. He had the BALLS to try and one up me. I wasn't saying MY problems were worse then his... just explaining part of why my life sucks. JP however used this to point out that since HE'S gay- he has it worse because " being of a minority that the fundies thinkis the reason that everything's wrong with the country" Now I see NO way that he could've used the 'gay card' properly here. I'm Jewish so we've gotten blamed for as much or more then gays, the history of Israel is the history of people beating us up. Yes 11 states voted not to allow gays to marry, but even if he had brought that up- I would've countered by pointing out that I don't have ANY marriage prospects, so it's better to have a loved one and not be able to marry them then not to have anyone at all... This might sound crass of me, but I think HE started the crassness. All of us minorities are in the same boat. THAT'S what I was trying to say... Everyone but insane Christians are fucked. He however wanted to remind me that HE was more fucked then me... So I told him f' off.
I stopped hanging out with him because we were walking and he started hitting me in the arm... He mentioned that someone else did this to him every time they passed a fire station... and how wasn't this JUST the most annoying thing EVER! For some reason, I'm not sure why, I turned to him opened up. I told him the most annoying thing was that my older brother used to beat me up as a kid. That to me was the most annoying. This idiot, rather then being touched that I shared... started hitting my upper arm more- proclaiming he wanted to be more annoying then my brother.
I told him about a 1/2 hour later- that if he didn't stop... I would stop hanging out with him. He made this into a game, suggesting that we meet a few years later on the top of the pru( ala affair to remember)... Since he took it as a joke and since to celebrate MY birthday( yeah he did this annoying behavior on my b'day)we went to a place HE wanted to go, I stopped hanging out with him.
I ran into him a few times over the past few years... Boston is sorta a small town and when you work retail there's always a chance that someone you don't want to see will walk into the store. He contacted me a few months ago, saying he was moving to England to find a job. I saw a movie with him.... but I realized I couldn't SUGGEST a movie, I had to shoot down his ideas till HE came up with a movie I'd like to see... which was fine. We then went to a vegan Chinese restaurant. I don't eat red meat or pork but I would NEVER subject anyone to vegan 'pretend' food. It's one thing to eat a salad or a vegetable soup( like gazpatco) but subject someone to tofu. ick.
Anyway I recently emailed him to ask him how things were in England. He mentioned he couldn't find a job and had moved in with his sister. A week later I emailed him about Invincible- a comic a friend lent me. I loved Invincible and wanted to share my love of this book with all my comic reading friends. He thanked me and told me "my life is hell" he then asked me how my life was.
I told him that I didn't want to talk about my life- that I had no job, no job prospects, that I fear the two years of hard work and money for grad school will count for naught and I'll have to get a shit job, I had to shave my beard for job prospects, and " And bush fucking won. It drives me insane that he won and considers getting 3 million votes more then his opponent to be a MANDATE from insane Christians to do their bidding"
His response has my blood boiling... and reminds me why I don't want to hang out with him. He had the BALLS to try and one up me. I wasn't saying MY problems were worse then his... just explaining part of why my life sucks. JP however used this to point out that since HE'S gay- he has it worse because " being of a minority that the fundies thinkis the reason that everything's wrong with the country" Now I see NO way that he could've used the 'gay card' properly here. I'm Jewish so we've gotten blamed for as much or more then gays, the history of Israel is the history of people beating us up. Yes 11 states voted not to allow gays to marry, but even if he had brought that up- I would've countered by pointing out that I don't have ANY marriage prospects, so it's better to have a loved one and not be able to marry them then not to have anyone at all... This might sound crass of me, but I think HE started the crassness. All of us minorities are in the same boat. THAT'S what I was trying to say... Everyone but insane Christians are fucked. He however wanted to remind me that HE was more fucked then me... So I told him f' off.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home