Messages in Bottles

Sunday, December 19, 2004

Sim Children

Took a bit of time for Harley to show- but it was cool when she did... esp as people could then rub her belly or talk to the kid.

Even though 'science' would tell you that a child by two women would lack the male chromosome... They had a boy child. I briefly thought of naming him Joker... after Harley's former lover ;-) but I decided that since she had married a Devil( Harley's mate is a red skin money lover named Lilith Devil) I decided that I would name their first kid Lucifer. Had it been a girl though- it would've been Ivy... because well I can't think of any demoness names( feel free to leave me any)

Wolfsbane also has had a child- a daughter whom I named Danni after Wolfsbane best friends. I was a bit more happy with the genetic mix of the Muties( Wolfsbane and Doug) then Harley and Lilith( the aforementioned Devils). See it looks like Lucifer really is just a young male Harley... Whereas little Dani- while she looks more like her mom, she does at least have her father's weird eyes.

I started this post almost a week ago- when Harley popped, but then I wanted Wolfsbane to have HER kid and then I found how cool TODDLERS are.

See since I'm not a real parent... I really think Maxis did bang up job. For babies, they are just pooping yelling little things, but toddlers... Ah there's the real fun. You have to teach toddlers to walk, talk and use the potty. I did a couple of days with Harley and Lucifer, before I went back to the muties. I want to try and balance the families, so that Lucifer and Dani will go to school together.

I really enjoy the mothers teaching their kids stuff. I also like how there are TOYS for the kids to learn 'life skills' like logic, creativity, charisma and I think even cooking( though I haven't tried the cooking yet). So much so that I found a 'cheat' for the mommies.

Basically I had one of my other's family( the Warriors) stay up all night learning stuff then she had an early job, so I had her go to drink some expresso. I had forgotten that I had downloaded an expresso cheat- because I had stayed away from giving them coffee. Normally expresso greatly increases Sims energy while decreasing their bladder... BUT the cheat expresso allows you to max out the needs of an adult sim. This is a great way to have the adult keep up with the kids.... However I realized that there is a downside to a non sleeping sim. Basically Sims in Sims 2 have different 'wants' like kissing their s.o. or teaching their child to use the potty. When one want is met, then that one is reset- HOWEVER they all reset when the sim goes to bed. So if I don't want/can't satisfy a want it'll stay there if they stay up. So although I was happy that Harley potty trained Lucifer... and Lucifer was darn happy about it... Harley didn't 'want' it and so didn't get points for it.
-----------------------------
Right now because I love the kids so much I've spent a lot LESS game time with the Warriors( Bleu, Goth and Red) and barely a day 'local' time with the Lanterns(Katma, Lori and Guy). I found it funny that the first time I played around with the Lanterns I had Guy and Red fall in love. Basically I thought this was funny because I hadn't really planned on it- I was just goofing around with them and neither of them have romance or family aspirations( Red is a Knowedge Sim and Guy is a Money sim).
I did try and succeed in getting Goth and Katma to crush on each other. I did that because Goth is a romance sim and SHE wants to be kissing Harley and Wolfsbane. Since I don't want her to be doing that, I thought perhaps that by giving her another object of lust, I'd get her away from the married women. She hasn't come back from work( and have her desires reset) so I'm not sure it'll work.
I've been told by my Sims manual that Romantic( Goth) and Family(Katma) would make a bad couple because Romantics want to have many lovers and Family Sims just one. HOWEVER I'm tempted to have them give it a whirl. Basically I made sure that the Muties and the Devils were compatible... and thus I think it might be interesting to have mismatched pair get together...

That said- the same cheat that allows females to have children- allow non married adult Sims to have kids. So I might end up( pretty likely) have Katma have a kid with Goth but not marry her.
I'm thinking about this as I sorta want the children to be in the same age bracket. Though that said- Wolfsbane already wants another kid, which she ain't getting til Dani grows up from being a toddler and goes to school.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home