Messages in Bottles

Thursday, December 09, 2004

Sims 2- Move in day!

Ok... After downloads skins and outfits and hair for Sims 2- I finally started PLAYING yesterday. As I worked yesterday, I didn't spend tooo much time in the game, but I did start moving families in. 4 of them to be precise.

You see I found in the first game- that it's better to 'stock' the neighborhood with people from the get go, so that they can meet and interact with each other. I felt this was even MORE important to Sims 2, as Sims could grow up and die. Armed with this info I created 4 families and might create more later after I play around or not. Another thing with the new game is the idea that kids will grow up and therefore will need houses of their own, so I'm going to want a couple of empty houses or lots for the kids.

The families I created were( a bit about them):

The Lanterns- Guy and Katmi were a must. Since one skinner created the regular(comic) outfit and the cartoon female gl outfits... So I created a sister for Katmi- with blue skin to counter her red skin ;-) She got named Lori because I couldn't think of a female lantern name besides Katmi and Arisia... who's orange, and I thought Lori Lantern had a nice ring.
One of the problems I had with creating the Lanterns was the new mechanics of the game. I had to give them personalities, which while in the original game- weren't that important, and goals. Goals are their 'life objectives' do they want to have a large family? Make a lot of money? Be a lover? This was esp. hard for Guy. I wanted him to be the Angry Guy( as opposed to the manic depressive guy) He ended up being a Gemini- despite my NOT picking that off the bat... As I made him Active and Serious. For motives- I made him a money grubber Forture person. The five goals are Family( which means making, having and helping kids), Fortune, Knowedge, Popularity, and Romance. I didn't think that any REALLY helped him- but figured Fortune would be the best as he'd WANT to do a good job, get promotions and have nice things.
Katmi is a Family sim, as I thought she wanted to settle down during the GLC series with John, and Lori I made romance- the opposite of her sis... Romance sims like having SEX more then kids ;-)

The Warriors- This was a bunch of Warrior Women. Sisters Three. I sorta of wish that I could change their ages properly but they be triplets I guess. Basically there was the same Amazon outfit in Goth, Red and blue- so I decided to create Red, Bleu and Goth Warriors. I tried, but forgot if I succeeded in giving them all different personalities. I *know* I gave them all different 'goals' Bleu wants to be popular, Red-knowedge and goth romance. I know Goth romance, but I thought that many Goths are romantics are romantic.

The Muties- I had a much clearer picture of this and the next family. I got a good skin of Wolfsbane, with the NEW new Mutants Yellow and White costume. She was given the Family motive as I wanted her to make lots of little Muties and that's sorta how I see Wolfsbane. For her mate... well I called him Doug and gave him the Science Motive. Doug however has blue hair and weird energy eyes( think Wonderman) because I thought that would be cool.
[ Note I thought it was interesting that when I moved the OTHER families in, they all started looking around at their new houses... but Doug ever the romantic, started seranading Wolfsbane. What a cute couple.]

The Devils- The Devils are Lilith Devils, so named because she has red skin... and I want make her a supervillians. Her mate- Harley ;-) I made Lilith's life motive MONEY and Harley's Family. I felt this was a perfect match. So that Lilith could be a Supervillian and make money to put all their kids into private school. For their astrology signs( personality) I had Lilith's line up to make her crime career easiser and Harley's to match up romantically.
[ Note: I have moved them from their first home because *I* couldn't fit a double size bed in their first place. So I cheated and got them more money to move into a bigger place. This had two side affects- one I thought good, one bad. The good, upon getting to their new place... Litih started giving Harley a back massage, showing her luff for Harley. The bad- well in this game the Sims have short term and long term goals- based on their life goal and surroundings. At their first house, one of Lilith's goals was to get a job as a criminal. At the NEW house that goal has disappeared. Now I could still make her a criminal and have every intention of doing so... It's just that the other way I would get 'points' for having her be a criminal.]

I haven't messed around with making houses yet- because ala the first game, before I mess around with buildings I want to make sure I understand the game and dynamics.

I do want to see how the Muties and Devils 'compete' against each other. I was very happy that Lilith has a wedding ring. ;-) I also find it interesting that even though I have a patch for Harley to have a child- the game doesn't get that and so one of her 'goals' is to adopt a kid, while Wolfsbane's goals are to HAVE a kid. The patch SEEMED to work, but not sure. Basically I had Harley and Lilith 'try for baby' and got a 'success' sort of animation, HOWEVER I didn't save the game- as this was in their first house and I just wanted to 'check things out' before I went to work. Today I intend to buy the Devils furniture and have them get preggers.

Then tomorrow I'll do the same for the Muties.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home