Messages in Bottles

Sunday, December 12, 2004

Super Menorah Man!

Ok... I meant last night for that to be the end of Jewish heroes... HOWEVER. Here's the deal. On Friday, I told a bunch of gaming geeks 'wouldn't it be cool if there was a DC or Marvel licensed menorah?' I then went further by mentioning that the JLA would be the best chance of a DC Menorah. A friend countered that there was no 8 JLA team... I pointed out there had to be 9- 8 for the regular candles and one for the candle that lights the others....

So we needed 9 heroes- I figured Superman would be the main, the 'original league' would be 6 more- Batman, Aquaman, Flash, Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter and Green Lantern. So for the last two I figured- Black Canary and Green Arrow as they were the first to join. Another mook suggested that you had to have Firestorm ;-)

For Marvel I figure the FF would do it. Reed as the main- to light the others. Then you have Invisible Woman, Thing, Human Torch, She Hulk, Hulk, Spider Man, Wolverine, and Ghost Rider.... As Hulk et all were an alternate FF for a couple of issues ;-)

So I couldn't sleep last night and I then at about midnight did a search on google for menorah superhero. Hoping against hope, that someone had done this.

Saddly this was not the case... but I did find Menorah Man and the Jewish Defense Corps.
Which I thought was cute.

Any way if anyone knows who I can write about this or if such a thing exists- Let me know. All I can think of is Peter David as I know he's Jewish and he rose up from the marketing division of Marvel... but don't know where/how to write him.

Or let me know if there's a better menorah superhero combination( like legion?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home