Messages in Bottles

Monday, December 06, 2004

America- as seen by a Blue Stater

I was walking to a violent R rated movie, Blade, with a freind and we passed a porn store. I, of course, looked at the window to see what they had it it... and then noticed that my freind had also turned to look at the porn store. I commented on this and he pointed out that porn stores are GOOD!

I agreed, and then pointed out that better then having a porn store, is to have the porn store two stores away from a gay bar---- which it was. He agreed. I then went a step further and pointed right and in the distance and told my friend I was even prouder that these were in walking distance... and I trailed off, hoping he saw what I did.

He didn't.

Both the Porn Store and the Gay Bar were within walking distance of Fenway Park. 3 GREAT blue state fun zones together.

Also within walking distance of Fenway aka, other things that make us great, was: a micro brewery, mc death, burger thing, domino's pizza, a pool bar, and at least 3 dive bars.

Good American STUFF!

( author's note: I am not nor have I ever been gay... but as a liberal jew- I like the fact that there ARE gay biker bars( like the one by the porn store), and wish there were more bars for fringe groups like lipstick lesbians and irish pubs ;-) )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home