Parental Guilt
I rarely do mass mailing to my family, this is part because I like to tailor messages specifically to the person and part because... well I don't like talking to my family. I did a mass mailing however because of W's push to reform Social Security. I told them to all sign the moveon.org's petition to stop W's reforms.
From my dad, I got a letter explaining that HIS social security checks come from people paying into it NOW... so when am I going to get a job to cover his check.
Now consider he has more then a 1,000X the money I have in the bank, the idea that *I* have to get a job to cover his ass just makes me want to slap him arround.
Well I know that if I call him on this, he'll just say he was joking or trying to motivate me or some other crap...
But man, I just felt he was SOOO out of line. Here I was showing interest in politics, and he felt he had to bring it back to me being unemployed.
From my dad, I got a letter explaining that HIS social security checks come from people paying into it NOW... so when am I going to get a job to cover his check.
Now consider he has more then a 1,000X the money I have in the bank, the idea that *I* have to get a job to cover his ass just makes me want to slap him arround.
Well I know that if I call him on this, he'll just say he was joking or trying to motivate me or some other crap...
But man, I just felt he was SOOO out of line. Here I was showing interest in politics, and he felt he had to bring it back to me being unemployed.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home