WMDs
I just feel the need to mention before W.'s swearing in next week for his second term that to the best of MY knowledge, no wmds have been found
When I did a search on google for "weapons of mass destruction"- well I laughed when I saw that there was a 'sponsor link' for 'find those WMD win gold"
I got over 3 million hits for "weapons of mass destruction" with the NUMBER ONE link being a legal site wondering if W.'s sweeping and false statements about WMDs could be an impeachable offense. I thought it was interesting that the author of this article was an ex Counsel to the President of the United States under Nixon, and was also Nixon's lawyer. So this is NO leftist muckracker wondering if this is worse then Watergate... this is a guy who lived thru Nixon's tricks and wonders if, perhaps, W.'s game is worse.
The article was written in 2003- and indeed I would argue that we've learnt no NEW badness about W. since Oct. 31st. I mean yes, we didn't know Alberto Gonzales- the guy who helped legally create the abuse at Abu Ghraib. Well, while we couldn't have known about Ashcroft stepping down... We did know that W. wasn't sooo shocked, surprised or outraged at Abu Ghraib. NOBODY of importance was fired or called on the carpet for the abuses of Abu Ghraib.
Sort of like how no one's taken the heat for the out of Valerie Phlame.
I just feel it's important every so often to remind people of W.'s shortcomings. Hoping maybe, the american people will one day slap their foreheads and go "oh, so THAT'S when our country went to heck in a handbasket."
When I did a search on google for "weapons of mass destruction"- well I laughed when I saw that there was a 'sponsor link' for 'find those WMD win gold"
I got over 3 million hits for "weapons of mass destruction" with the NUMBER ONE link being a legal site wondering if W.'s sweeping and false statements about WMDs could be an impeachable offense. I thought it was interesting that the author of this article was an ex Counsel to the President of the United States under Nixon, and was also Nixon's lawyer. So this is NO leftist muckracker wondering if this is worse then Watergate... this is a guy who lived thru Nixon's tricks and wonders if, perhaps, W.'s game is worse.
The article was written in 2003- and indeed I would argue that we've learnt no NEW badness about W. since Oct. 31st. I mean yes, we didn't know Alberto Gonzales- the guy who helped legally create the abuse at Abu Ghraib. Well, while we couldn't have known about Ashcroft stepping down... We did know that W. wasn't sooo shocked, surprised or outraged at Abu Ghraib. NOBODY of importance was fired or called on the carpet for the abuses of Abu Ghraib.
Sort of like how no one's taken the heat for the out of Valerie Phlame.
I just feel it's important every so often to remind people of W.'s shortcomings. Hoping maybe, the american people will one day slap their foreheads and go "oh, so THAT'S when our country went to heck in a handbasket."


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home