Messages in Bottles

Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Sonic Blast!

So after talking to a couple of friends- I decided to buy one of those sonic 'pest away' devices. This really is what I wanted in the second tier ideal universe( the first ideal would be NOT to have the problem). I was a tad reluctant to get the sonic pest aways- not because I have a cat, BUT when I worked at brookstone... I was able to HEAR those frecking things. They were very high pitched annoying sounds.

However I figured it would be better to give another brand a try... So I bought one good for a 1,000 sq feet- which I think should more then cover my place. I put it in the kitchen scoket as I thought that was more 'central' then putting it in the living room. I've seen them more in the living room- but then considering how TEENY my kitchen is, I'm not in there any longer then food preparation needs me to be there. I have seen them in the hallway, so figure either location is fine...
I also want to start it AWAY from me because as mentioned, don't want to deal with the sound.

Right now I can't hear it which I think is a VERY good thing, but won't pass judgment til I see if I hear it while I sleep....
was gonna say '... if it affects my sleep' but I have very bad sleeping habits. So will say "hear it while I sleep" and that I will keep the packing and receipt for a few days JUST in case- as I have about two weeks to return it.

1 Comments:

  • At 1/11/2005 09:53:00 PM, Blogger Drew said…

    dagnabbit!

    just saw a mouse in my living room.
    crap.

    the guy at the hardware store OF COURSE suggested I have the thing for a few days... but still. It was nosing arround.

    Well perhaps I'll move it tomorrow- right now I'd prefer to keep it where it is for the sleep test. Also because quite frankly with sooo much stuff( computer, tv, ps2, dvd player, etc) I'm not sure I have an outlet for it.

    Just vexes that I saw one AFTER getting the sonic toy

     

Post a Comment

<< Home