Messages in Bottles

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

My favorite Watch.

It’s like peanut butter and chocolate TO THE X-Treme!

See about 10 years or so, my mom gave me a somewhat cool Mickey Mouse watch. It had Mickey Mouse dressed up in a Mexican sombrero, and the numbers 12-3-6-9 were written out in Spanish. It was nifty and it opened my eyes to the idea of funky watches. I really liked getting watches with interesting images and stuff going on because… Well I constantly have to look at my wrist to see what time it is, so I might as well be amused.
Right now I have about 5 working watches, which makes daylight savings time a pain. The watches I have currently in working shape is a Hulk watch that glows when I press a button, a Reign of Superman watch with all 4 Superman shields, a Swatch watch that I rarely wear because it has an ‘outfit’ that you can dress the watch strap, and another Swatch with an elephant, that my mom got me in Africa.
However it’s the 5th watch that I want to blog about. Granted a friend gave it to me without a working battery- so I had to buy it myself but I was so glad to get this watch as it merged my love of comics with my love of watches.
It’s the Bizzaro #1 watch.

Now I’m not a huge Superman fan. I got the Reign of Superman watch because it looked cool and I’ve kept it running (at least one battery change and a strap change) because I like it and it’s a bit of a conversation piece. However I love the Bizzaro watch and have meant to blog about it for a while because it runs COUNTER clockwise. So on your regular watch- the watch face goes 12-1-2-3…and the hands go from right to left- well the Bizzaro watch goes 12-11-10-9 and the hands go from left to right.
It took me a few hours to read the watch correctly but I do so love the watch… and I make sure to wear the Bizzaro watch when I wear the eggplant Bizzaro t-shirt.

Besides the 4 working watches I have about 2 other watches that need batteries( Fred Flintstone watch) and one that needs a strap and battery( a Death watch that I’m thinking of junking as it was a crud DC watch from years ago).

1 Comments:

  • At 8/09/2005 10:53:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    omg that sounds so cool hehehehehehehehehehe-I'm not a bizarro fan but I luff the descript!!
    - carolyn

     

Post a Comment

<< Home