Messages in Bottles

Sunday, October 16, 2005

Toon Time

Want to talk abit about some cartoons I watch:

THE Batman: I finally saw the first, of a two parter, introducing Barbara as Batgirl. I taped it as there's NO WAY I'm getting up that early(8:30am saturday) for this show. I had caught a bit of the end before but the beginning just creeped me out. Basically I knew that they had made Pamaly Isly aka Posion Ivy a friend of Babs.... What I hadn't realized is that made Pam, a femme fatale, jailbait. The beginning of the episode shows THE Batman under Pam's control, Babs in her outfit and flashes back to their origins.... And I was creeped out with the idea of a 17 year old Pam ordering guys arround with her special kiss. ICK.
I do like that James Gordon looks very much Year ONE, but that really was the only cool thing in the episode

Justice League- Really peeved at Cartoon Network for yanking my chain on this one. I would've rather they had waited to roll out the new season then show two new episodes each Saturday... for TWO Saturdays... and then switch to Bobobobobo. I liked how the new season started but I just wish this season was more the 4 episodes long.

Drawn Together- I got the first two episodes from my brother in law when I was in NYC a couple of weeks ago for Rosh Hasshana. LOVE it. The first episode intro's a new roomate, Strawberry Shortcake, who apparently commited genocide on the Sockbats( the weird spongebob character's people). The second episode is Foxy Vs. the Board of Education and the Board is animated ala Schoolhouse Rock.
I also got the Drawn Together dvd set from him and I highly recommend it. My favorite was 'the other cousin'. I love seeing the unedited episode because 1) you get to see Bleh's ta-tas and 2) you get to see the ORIGINAL 'short bus'. See originally the other 'mentally handicapped' people on the bus with Bleh, were all 'special' versions of the Drawn Together household.... which I think is darn funny. The network had them change it for it's airing on comedy central... but they put the original stuff back for the dvd.
Warning: the un-censoring of Bleh's ta-tas also means on another episode you see Toot's ta-tas. You have been warned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home