Messages in Bottles

Sunday, October 09, 2005

My diet and the Holiday

I was a bit worried about going to NYC and the affect it would have on my diet. My mom on the one hand is vicious about wanting me to lose weight as I'm usually the heaviest person in my family, but on the other hand she's a Jewish mom- so she often asks if I'm full or want more food.

I knew that she would most likely have dessert for Tuesday's celebration of Rosh Hashanah, but I will admit here (and not to her) that I also went with the need to have pomme frites. Pomme frites are a Belgian twice fried French fry. They are YUMMY and not to be found here in Boston. There used to be a place for pomme frites around 50th and Broadway. I say ‘used to be’ as I couldn’t find it this time. However I did know of another place near St. Mark’s, so I ended up lying to my mom and telling her my train to Boston was earlier so I could get some frites, which I did.

The amazing thing which I want to blog about is the fact that even though I ate two slices of plum tort, a large pomme frites, and Popeye’s chicken on the train ride back; when I weighed myself on Thursday morning I still had managed to lose a pound.

This made me VERY happy as it made me realize that I could diet and still treat myself from time to time. I don’t have to give up good food to lose weight, I just have to eat in moderation and exercise a bit more (walked a lot in NYC) to offset the potatoes I love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home