I got a Jorb
Ok... I'm not as HAPPY as I should be
BUT
I got a job offer today and I accepted it.
The reasons that I’m not doing a happy dance is a) it’s retail and b) it’s part time. Worse when I asked them to define the hours. The manager said that basically I could work as many hours as I wanted and work ABOUT full time, and that he wanted me to come in tomorrow to fill out the paperwork.
I gently reminded him that the working full time but not getting full time benefits was one of the reasons I left Staples. And that I might still look for a full time job. I felt it was better to be up front with him BUT that I would still take the job.
I also asked him for a bit more money. I pointed out that while he was giving me a bit more then I was making at Staples last year, I also would have to shell out more money for the commute. See the bus to Staples costs 90 cents( actually 75 when I started at Staples) and the train currently costs 1.25.
He told me he’d need to speak to others about it and that he’d ‘get back to me’. I told him he didn’t need to, that I’d still come in tomorrow and fill out the paperwork.
Maybe it was bad of me to let him know that the increase in my salary wasn’t a deal breaker- but I felt better to start then to have it fall apart over a possible dime an hour.
So I’m going to get ready for bed soon, which includes setting the alarm so that I get up on time. It also means deciding tomorrow what pants to wear. They want me to wear black pants, white shirt and shoes… I have black pants but I think my blue pants look like they’re in better shape and I should get new black pants or at least press the black pants I have before I wear them.
BUT
I got a job offer today and I accepted it.
The reasons that I’m not doing a happy dance is a) it’s retail and b) it’s part time. Worse when I asked them to define the hours. The manager said that basically I could work as many hours as I wanted and work ABOUT full time, and that he wanted me to come in tomorrow to fill out the paperwork.
I gently reminded him that the working full time but not getting full time benefits was one of the reasons I left Staples. And that I might still look for a full time job. I felt it was better to be up front with him BUT that I would still take the job.
I also asked him for a bit more money. I pointed out that while he was giving me a bit more then I was making at Staples last year, I also would have to shell out more money for the commute. See the bus to Staples costs 90 cents( actually 75 when I started at Staples) and the train currently costs 1.25.
He told me he’d need to speak to others about it and that he’d ‘get back to me’. I told him he didn’t need to, that I’d still come in tomorrow and fill out the paperwork.
Maybe it was bad of me to let him know that the increase in my salary wasn’t a deal breaker- but I felt better to start then to have it fall apart over a possible dime an hour.
So I’m going to get ready for bed soon, which includes setting the alarm so that I get up on time. It also means deciding tomorrow what pants to wear. They want me to wear black pants, white shirt and shoes… I have black pants but I think my blue pants look like they’re in better shape and I should get new black pants or at least press the black pants I have before I wear them.


2 Comments:
At 11/30/2005 11:27:00 PM,
Anonymous said…
Congrats on the job offer!
And (I thought I said it the other day but I guess I didn't) the weight loss too. Losing weight isn't easy, I've been at it myself for years and I still get pissy about it at times, so I think it's fantastic that you're doing so well.
Aimee
At 12/02/2005 08:40:00 AM,
Drew said…
Thanx Aimee...
Will talk a bit more about the weight loss later this weekend- work at the game store on sunday BUT not at the other jorb until monday, so will have time to catch up on a couple of things.
Post a Comment
<< Home