Messages in Bottles

Sunday, April 16, 2006

Precious, My Precious.

Ok, I’m the guy that buys the weird stuff. I find weird things and think it must be mine and bring it home.

Today I brought home Gollum.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

See at the gift store, they used to have a Lord of the Ring thing, like they currently have a Star Wars Exhibit. After the exhibit left, they were left with a slightly damaged Gollum in the back room. I had let management know I was interested in Gollum… as I thought it would be fun to have him. Today the District Manager, my boss’ boss’ boss, was cleaning stuff and Gollum was put in the hall… and a Ass’t manager asked him what he planned to do with Gollum. I spoke up and told him I wanted Gollum.
He asked me how much I’d pay. I felt this was a trap… as they were prolly just going to damage him out, so I feared of offering too much- esp. as I was hung over from drinking with him last night. So I told him to name the price, figuring I could then either try to bargain with him or give up the dream of having Gollum.

He named a very low price, and I had enough cash in my wallet… so on my lunch break I bought it. I was even more happy with my purchase when I found out that we had the base downstairs…
I should point out that the pic I’m using for this post is from an ebay auction, it’s a perfect picture and mine has wear and tear… for example I brought his front hands home in my bag… but the difference is on ebay they’re asking for about 600 for him… my boss’ boss’ boss only asked for $30.

That said, I have no clue what I’m going to do with Gollum but I’d rather have him and wander what to do, then have another of my co-workers have him( as one co worker was very upset that I got Gollum and not him).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home