I'm on my way.... kinda, sorta...
Well I’ve taken baby steps to starting my trip. I got into a mild tiff with a friend of mine about my plane tickets- he’s trying to find me a better price then Expedia but has yet to produce….
However the big news, I bought my first two items for my trip today. I went to Circuit City today as I had a gift card from them. I had planned to buy Titus- Season 3 and another DVD or blank DVDs, but then took a detour to the camera section. I had brought my digital camera with me, just to find out how much memory cards would cost for it. I ended up blowing the whole gift card on a gig memory card. See the gig was on sale, and as such was only like $10 more then the 256 (which it’s like 3x better then).
After that, I noted that the hardware store was having a sale tonight and so I bought a power converter, as I’d want to recharge my camera and the only way to do that is to plug the charger into the wall.
Finally I typed up, and printed, a note to the gift store telling them when I’d be unavailable for work. I say tell and not ask, because that’s what I did. Originally I was going to wait until I bought the tickets, but since I have told my friend the times and he hasn’t tried to move the days on me (esp. as I have to be away for the wedding by a certain time), I figure the more lead time I gave them the better. So I didn’t ask can I have these days off, but told them that I wouldn’t be able to work the week and ½ or so due to my brother’s wedding. I had to mention the wedding as that’s the lynchpin and then if they try to deny me… I can go, ok you call my brother and tell him I can’t go.
I need this vacation. I’ve earned it and I’m taking this time; even if it makes the Ass Manager hate me 10x more.
However the big news, I bought my first two items for my trip today. I went to Circuit City today as I had a gift card from them. I had planned to buy Titus- Season 3 and another DVD or blank DVDs, but then took a detour to the camera section. I had brought my digital camera with me, just to find out how much memory cards would cost for it. I ended up blowing the whole gift card on a gig memory card. See the gig was on sale, and as such was only like $10 more then the 256 (which it’s like 3x better then).
After that, I noted that the hardware store was having a sale tonight and so I bought a power converter, as I’d want to recharge my camera and the only way to do that is to plug the charger into the wall.
Finally I typed up, and printed, a note to the gift store telling them when I’d be unavailable for work. I say tell and not ask, because that’s what I did. Originally I was going to wait until I bought the tickets, but since I have told my friend the times and he hasn’t tried to move the days on me (esp. as I have to be away for the wedding by a certain time), I figure the more lead time I gave them the better. So I didn’t ask can I have these days off, but told them that I wouldn’t be able to work the week and ½ or so due to my brother’s wedding. I had to mention the wedding as that’s the lynchpin and then if they try to deny me… I can go, ok you call my brother and tell him I can’t go.
I need this vacation. I’ve earned it and I’m taking this time; even if it makes the Ass Manager hate me 10x more.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home