Calling in sick...
Well, after going to the gym today I felt like crap. I often overheat during exercise but today I felt ‘ehh’ both before and after exercising. So I called in work. I felt bad doing it. I apologized like three times ( I have a very bad habit of apologizing… but that’s for another entry.) but I called in sick. I called in to the Ass Manager, and her main question for me- was ‘are you working tomorrow?” I thought that showed real class and concern about her employees- esp. as according to the note if you call in for two days in a row, you have to have a doctor’s note. Of course she just as easily could’ve wondered if I was trying to get a ‘weekend’ out of this… as I don’t work at the gift store on Sundays, as I do the game store on that day.
So I ‘felt the love’ from her. Heck, I’d’ve preferred if the manager had picked up the phone and I called out on the Ass Manager; but I take what I get; I’m not feeling well and if that means calling out on the Manager, that’s what it means.
I don’t feel good; I didn’t feel like standing up for 8 hours or so and listening to screaming kids and their parents.
And if I hear one more time- “I could get this cheaper at Wal-Mart….” I think I might scream. I want to tell them “Yeah, but we get paid better here!” That was until I found out that we have an item marked up $50 more then Brookstones. WTF?
Anyway I called in sick. I’m going to take some Alieve, get my comics and generally take it easy today. I know I’m going to worry about their policy- esp as I found out on google that the “company” mentioned in the memo is indeed owned by the company that runs the gift store… but I felt I had to do what I did.
(footnote: I put company in quotations as what’s mentioned in the memo is the acronym for a museum, and the company that I work for runs the gift store(s) for that museum.)
So I ‘felt the love’ from her. Heck, I’d’ve preferred if the manager had picked up the phone and I called out on the Ass Manager; but I take what I get; I’m not feeling well and if that means calling out on the Manager, that’s what it means.
I don’t feel good; I didn’t feel like standing up for 8 hours or so and listening to screaming kids and their parents.
And if I hear one more time- “I could get this cheaper at Wal-Mart….” I think I might scream. I want to tell them “Yeah, but we get paid better here!” That was until I found out that we have an item marked up $50 more then Brookstones. WTF?
Anyway I called in sick. I’m going to take some Alieve, get my comics and generally take it easy today. I know I’m going to worry about their policy- esp as I found out on google that the “company” mentioned in the memo is indeed owned by the company that runs the gift store… but I felt I had to do what I did.
(footnote: I put company in quotations as what’s mentioned in the memo is the acronym for a museum, and the company that I work for runs the gift store(s) for that museum.)


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home