Messages in Bottles

Saturday, April 22, 2006

Week in Review

Ok, I have to back track a bit to LAST week but I did want to review, generally, what’s been going on the last week or so.

Last week the Ass manager got a) transferred and b) demoted. I thought it was A and B, but have been told it was B a couple of weeks ago and then A last week. Doesn’t much matter to me, as long as I don’t have to deal with her no more. The two things that I found really amusing, was first that the Ass’t manager that I like pointed out that what goes around, comes around- i.e. she felt that the Ass manager was a pain and deserved to get a) transferred and b) demoted… which I totally agree with. The second thing that I found amusing was that on her last day, she made a big song a dance about how it was her last day and that we’d never have a chance to have a conversation again. I really wanted to tell her to bite me. That I’d never had a meaningful conversation with her, I just shot the breeze with her because she was in the same general area as me… and I was expected to be nice to her. Heck I think she was a big fat phony.
So she’s gone.

The next big thing I found out about last week but will really kick in this coming Monday. This Monday I will be taking a meeting with my manager and a sales agent. I found out last week that I’m the manager’s go to sales guy. The store will be selling a new product and I’m going to be the sales person on this. As the manager pitched it- I’m the only one who’s going to sell this and I’m going to get a piece of the action (35 cents per product sold). I’m not too excited about this, as a) I know that if I get 35 cents, they’re gonna be making a buck or so off me and b) might mean not working at the game store anymore… as if I can be assured Sundays at the gift stores and have a better chance of selling the new product… as it’s Sunday… then I might end up giving up the game store for $.
I know B would be my own choice… but it would be nice to have a little bit more money in my pocket.

Last Saturday night… before I gots me my precious, I went out drinking with my manager, the Ass’t manager who I like and the regional manager (my boss’ boss’ boss). I don’t drink a lot but I did that night. I was glad to be invited along by the ass’t manager, she drinks a good bit and I tried to keep up a bit- even though she likes light beer to my regular. I tried a Scooby Snack…. Ehh… and a Irish Car Bomb, which I rather liked. I ended up walking home… which worked out well as I was the only one working the next day( Easter) and since it was the Ass manager’s last day- I wanted to make sure I was there on time and not cause any problems.

Also want to mention, because I’m a geek, is that I liked last week’s Justice League episode. I totally saw most of it a mile away, but still was moved and want it on DVD to freeze frame and check out all the members of the Legion in the background (was sooo happy that the two speaking Legionnaires were two of my faves.)

Only thing else to add is that I booked my flight for Amsterdam/ Ireland yesterday. It was MUCH more of a pain then I thought it would be, but my dad actually helped me and the big pain was a) the airline’s wait time to talk to someone is over 20 min. and b) apparently with my small bank I have a $500 limit a day… and the tickets were more then 500. So I had to call the airline several times to get things straightened out. I already wish I had taken a day or two more for Amsterdam, as considering this trip is the only thing getting me through the next couple of months… more then six days would be nice. However I look at this as this is my first real trip by myself, so starting at 6 is good. That way if, god forbid, I don’t like it I don’t stew for too long… and if I do like it, which I expect to, I can figure out a way to go back, and how to make my NEXT trip a little better.
Now I gotta go to the gym. This coming week I plan to look for a job more and start planning what I plan to do in Amsterdam( besides Van Gogh Museum, Anne Frank’s house and the red light district ;-) )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home