Messages in Bottles

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Glasses

So tomorrow I’m going to an eye doctor to get my eyes examined. Not looking forward to it. I think I need glasses, but I don’t really WANT glasses.
My father and mother wore glasses when they were pretty young, my older brother started ages ago… and if I drove I’d probably be wearing glasses already as last time I had my eyes checked I was a tad near sighted( 20/30).

I just hate/ get depressed by everything that reminds me that I’m getting older and am still not working in an environment that makes me feel comfortable growing old in. Retail sucks, and every year that I do it I get a bit crankier and a bit more depressed.

I know I’m not getting contacts as I’m too clumsy for them… I’d probably wind taking my eye out or going through five in my first month.

Today I’m tired, a tad hung over, and feeling old.

2 Comments:

  • At 5/02/2006 04:58:00 PM, Blogger Angie said…

    I feel you, Drew, I honestly do. I feel ancient sometimes myself.

    But for the most part, glasses aren't so bad. They can be ridiculously sexy and they add character. Maybe if you look at it that way, it'll make you feel less old and more esteemed.

    Works for me.

    Aimee

     
  • At 5/10/2006 06:53:00 PM, Blogger Drew said…

    Well I posted a pic of me with glasses, so please let me know if they look cool.

    Myself I was depressed as I told a friend I was my dad. He told me that no, no I was cooler then my dad... but I really feel the glasses make me look like him.

    Gonna have to get a pic of me and him at the wedding to show you what I mean.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home