What's Up
I’ve had a bunch of ups and downs the past couple of days. I remembered when I was working at Staples, I envied a friend who was bi-polar because that meant he had UPS as well as downs… and at Staples I felt a constant depression.
And in fact one of the things that brought me joy- Sims 2, at the same time brought me depression as I felt a) I played Sims 2 a bit too much( even though I didn’t play it for too long) and b) I had a hiccup with the game last night due to a download. In fact b caused me lose of sleep as I worried about my game… but then I went to modthesims2.com and I was able to find out that 1) the problem was due to a download and 2) I’ve narrowed it down to about a dozen downloads… which are currently in a separate place so I can, at my convenience, figure out which specific download is the problem.
So the Sims brought me stress and joy. I think it was even.
I did some errands today so I accomplished a bit, but not as much as I’d’ve liked( esp. as I didn’t send out any resumes). I did however try out a suit, buy some dvd-roms ( so I could back up the Sims more often so I don’t get stressed so often by not backing up), a new belt and put trackers on two out of my three remotes( the third is mia). I also sent b’day cards to my brother and brother in law who were both born on this day…
And I got to admit I was a little depressed when my older brother told me that he was a ‘happy camper’. I’m not very happy with my job situation…. The thing that keeps me going is my trip to Amsterdam…
Heck I put off learning a new toy, which I was allowed to bring home with me, to play Sims 2. I went to the web site of the item and realized I was doing things wrongs… so maybe I’ll play with the toy tomorrow morning- esp as I wasn’t able to use the toy in my home. I don’t want to mention the toy- for fear that would help pinpoint where I work… or worse if I start talking trash about the toy in a month.
Oh and good note, I did a new physical evaluation yesterday. I rocked it. Fat Mass= 54% lower. Resting Heart rate- 14% lower… This is one of the few things I still have to ‘work’ on as my heart rate is still ‘below average’ which is a bit of a misnomer as it’s HIGER then it should be by about 3 bpm, but still a respectable 275% improvement. Treadmill was much better- they even could figure out, somehow, that my body was more efficient with O2 during my cardio. My bench press is well above average and I can bench press( 1 rep of 1) 1.19% of my weight. For my leg press- I was told based on the numbers that IF they had the weights, I’d be able to do 1 rep at 501 lbs. 3.13 times my weight. Finally, less weight means I’m more flexible… as I don’t have to reach around that fat and stuff.
Should I be more happy that I’ve lost this weight… maybe. But it gets back to my bro. For the first time in my life, odds are I’m in better shape then him… but he’s happier.
All in all, with the weight and stuff, I think I had a good ‘weekend’. Am I looking forward to work tomorrow… Heck, no! but I’m happy tonight. And that’s the way it is.
Oh and another plus, is I just found out that there’s gonna be a JL video game this fall. The guys who did Champions of Norrath( Snowblind) will be making it and Dwayne McDuffie will be helping the ‘story’. So that’s something to look forward to( if I have $ after Amsterdam and my mom’s 25th Wedding Anniversary).
And in fact one of the things that brought me joy- Sims 2, at the same time brought me depression as I felt a) I played Sims 2 a bit too much( even though I didn’t play it for too long) and b) I had a hiccup with the game last night due to a download. In fact b caused me lose of sleep as I worried about my game… but then I went to modthesims2.com and I was able to find out that 1) the problem was due to a download and 2) I’ve narrowed it down to about a dozen downloads… which are currently in a separate place so I can, at my convenience, figure out which specific download is the problem.
So the Sims brought me stress and joy. I think it was even.
I did some errands today so I accomplished a bit, but not as much as I’d’ve liked( esp. as I didn’t send out any resumes). I did however try out a suit, buy some dvd-roms ( so I could back up the Sims more often so I don’t get stressed so often by not backing up), a new belt and put trackers on two out of my three remotes( the third is mia). I also sent b’day cards to my brother and brother in law who were both born on this day…
And I got to admit I was a little depressed when my older brother told me that he was a ‘happy camper’. I’m not very happy with my job situation…. The thing that keeps me going is my trip to Amsterdam…
Heck I put off learning a new toy, which I was allowed to bring home with me, to play Sims 2. I went to the web site of the item and realized I was doing things wrongs… so maybe I’ll play with the toy tomorrow morning- esp as I wasn’t able to use the toy in my home. I don’t want to mention the toy- for fear that would help pinpoint where I work… or worse if I start talking trash about the toy in a month.
Oh and good note, I did a new physical evaluation yesterday. I rocked it. Fat Mass= 54% lower. Resting Heart rate- 14% lower… This is one of the few things I still have to ‘work’ on as my heart rate is still ‘below average’ which is a bit of a misnomer as it’s HIGER then it should be by about 3 bpm, but still a respectable 275% improvement. Treadmill was much better- they even could figure out, somehow, that my body was more efficient with O2 during my cardio. My bench press is well above average and I can bench press( 1 rep of 1) 1.19% of my weight. For my leg press- I was told based on the numbers that IF they had the weights, I’d be able to do 1 rep at 501 lbs. 3.13 times my weight. Finally, less weight means I’m more flexible… as I don’t have to reach around that fat and stuff.
Should I be more happy that I’ve lost this weight… maybe. But it gets back to my bro. For the first time in my life, odds are I’m in better shape then him… but he’s happier.
All in all, with the weight and stuff, I think I had a good ‘weekend’. Am I looking forward to work tomorrow… Heck, no! but I’m happy tonight. And that’s the way it is.
Oh and another plus, is I just found out that there’s gonna be a JL video game this fall. The guys who did Champions of Norrath( Snowblind) will be making it and Dwayne McDuffie will be helping the ‘story’. So that’s something to look forward to( if I have $ after Amsterdam and my mom’s 25th Wedding Anniversary).


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home