Messages in Bottles

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

X-3

Hated it.

There was only one part of one scene in the whole F’ing movie that I liked.

That is weighed against all the stuff that I saw coming. Even without the spoilers (about who was going to die n’ stuff) I saw much of the story a minute or two before stuff came down.

I really should’ve walked out.

The thing that bugged me the most… and I feel I must blog about- and it ain’t gonna spoil things…. Oh the friend I saw it with, who is not a comic geek but speaks geek had the same problem.

There were no jokers or deuces. Let me explain- there was a series called Wild Cards and in it you had your Aces (like 98% of the people in the movie) who looked human but could do fantastic stuff, deuces who looked normal but had useless powers- like turning paint blue, and jokers who had powers but looked inhuman( like Beast).
It annoyed me to NO END that NOBODY in the lines waiting for the cure (the trailers already mention the ‘cure’ so no spoilage there) nor anyone in Magneto’s camp (which we also saw in trailers) were horribly disfigured.
Everyone in the movie- save for Beast could pass as human…
And I felt this was a big problem with the movie and the idea of a “cure” of course Storm didn’t get the idea of a cure because A) Halley phoned the movie in and B) The only people who was negatively affected by her mutation was Rogue… I mean even though Beast LOOKED differently, no one actually treated him better or worse for his blue fur. We should’ve seen more about the mutants who find their powers annoying/ a burden- or ones that their mutations TRULY makes them outcasts.
Which lead me to one of the logic problems at the end of the movie (there were two for those keeping track). I might mention both in comments but don’t want to put on the ‘front page” for fear of spoilage (even though I think I’m like the last person I know to see this crap).

Oh and the jump cut at the end? WTF? My friend suggested that there was like 40 min. missing between the last battle and the scene at the Mansion, but at that point I had stopped caring. I just wanted to see the scene at the end credits that I was warned to stay for…. And then skat.

edit: Almost forgot, but remembered when I saw my ticket stub Thursday morning- for a PG-13 movie... Dang it had alot of people getting killed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home