Messages in Bottles

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Physical/ Mental

First, I wish to put to rest any questions about my physical well being. I had a routine physical scheduled for Monday… So I talked to him about my Saturday light headiness. I also talked to him about the idea of whether I eat enough.
For the light headiness, he felt that it was a bug of some sort. He felt that the 11 hours sleep meant my body took care of things and that I seemed fine.
In fact one of the most amusing parts of the visit was as he went through his notes from last time, looked at me and pointed out his notes said I was fat. I smiled and was like, yeah WAS- I lost 50 lbs. in the past 6 months or so.
He also went over my cholesterol and blood sugar. I had him do those tests shortly after my last visit, which was probably about a year or so ago. My cholesterol was in a normal but high range. Not high enough to get me drugs but higher then I’d want… However, he went on, this was before I went on a diet (and I cut out Wendy’s and Burger King) and he was SURE that my cholesterol level was more on track.
Finally he asked when I had a tetanus booster and I said ‘dunno, should I have one?’ He said one every 10 years… and I felt that odds were high it had been more then 10 years so I got a shot.
He ended the ‘conversation’ by giving me the number for a nutritionist and pointed out that while I might be getting the right vitamins with my Cliff Bars (which he’s never heard of) and my vitamin pills.
Because of the shot, and a desire to have a beer with a friend- I ended up not going to the gym… but I felt that was ok.

That said, emotionally I’m mostly down. I got three things in the mail… well one was something that I had lost/ misplaced; a letter saying my rent will go up in August; and I’m suppose to respond to that by July 1st; so will take care of that tomorrow (day off). The other two was a bill from my dentist- whom I thought I had done all of my co pay for my last visit, and a letter from the IRS. The IRS claims that I didn’t report my savings( which I don’t think I did) and thus owe them money… which I might, AND they want their money by the end of the month. I will have to check into that tomorrow and think about TRYING to pay the IRS after I get back from Amsterdam.
I’m worried about the amount of money I’ve shelled out for the trip without leaving. I’ve bought 2 pairs of sneakers-one a hiking/walking; the other pair because I’ve worn out my every day pair; used a gift card for a HUGE memory card for my camera; A power converter(which I keep losing and finding in the mess that is my house); travel books; a baseball cap with secret compartments( to put emergency green backs and copy of passport); my mom wants me to buy a new pair of shoes for the new suit SHE bought; and I’ve had to buy some wardrobe stuff… because I’m smaller now.

I’m posting now because I felt I had to mention the doctor… I also wanted to post the following picture. It’s of (back left to right) my dad, his second wife, my older brother, his friend. In front are me and my younger bro (the one getting married). The picture appeared in a book called Celebrations that my Dad published (it’s good to be the publisher). They needed a picture of a family celebrating Hanuka, never mind that the thing was staged and I’ve NEVER seen my Dad celebrate Hanuka- though in his second wife’s defense… she did give me my menorah for X-mas one year.
Oh and a brownie to the first person who can name my brother’s friend ;-) He’s famous like that.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

1 Comments:

  • At 6/07/2006 02:02:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    No idea about your brother's friend, but your brother, in that picture, looks like Jason Bateman.

    and good news on the health bits

     

Post a Comment

<< Home