Sleepy
Well I slept for 11 out of the last 24 hours.
I figure since I slept that long… I needed it.
Yesterday, before I went to sleep was pretty long. I had left work Friday an hour earlier then scheduled… because well, I closed and we finished cleaning early. So out the door we went. So on Saturday, I went to work an hour early to make up the money. However, that meant instead of having a real lunch early, as I was originally scheduled at noon; it meant that I showed up at 11 am. So I snuck a cliff bar around 11:30… as I was HUN-gry at that point.
The bar didn’t seem to do a lot… as about an hour later- 1PM, I started getting light headed. As I might’ve said, right now I have to demo an object… let’s call it a boomerang… because it’s similar- I’ve got to throw and catch it. So this demo-ing takes a bit out of me, in the best of times and yesterday wasn’t really the best. So at about 1:30 PM I tell the two assistant managers that are working that I’m willing to do OTHER work but I can’t demo any more as I’m running on fumes. I figure I can last the next couple of hours, until food.
Which I do, by ringing people up and trying to remain inactive if possible. I get some pizza and O-rings. Natch, I get ketchup all over my WHITE shirt. I then take my meal to the library to try and eat and just relax. Sadly the parents who bring kids to the museum don’t understand the concept of library… or QUIET! I swear those kids were just yammering away. Shortly after finishing my food, which tasted good but hadn’t settled yet… I left the library to try and get some quiet in the backroom of the store.
I’m pretty sure that the parents reading this blog are nice good parents, but I really don’t like LOUD kids. I wish parents took the time to let kids know that the WHOLE WORLD doesn’t need to know, or care, how happy or cranky the kid is.
Inside voices is all I’m saying. Even in a Museum, Inside Voices.
So I went into the back of the store, and I just vented… which seemed to impress both of my assistant managers. I then just sat in a chair for 10 min. with my eyes shut and decided that while I felt ‘better’, it seemed my eyes wanted to stay closed. So I spoke to both of them about leaving early- i.e. not clocking back in. The assistant manager who opened was pro letting me leave… esp. as she didn’t have to deal with the maddening crowd for all that much longer. The other assistant manager however wanted me to stay until closing- as they were already a tad short staffed. I made a deal that I would stay UNTIL we closed the doors, but after that I’d be off. It would mean I’d remain in the hole for hours but I wanted gone.
She ended up letting me leave at 7 pm, after the big rush… a ½ hour before we closed.
I got home around 7:30. It was rainy, icky, and I felt tired. I puttered around with the computer and TV, but at about 8:45 I came back to the realization that I seemed to prefer to have my eyes closed and not moving. So even though I read on Aimee’s blog that she thought sleeping was boring… I felt that my body had veto power and my bed was calling me. So I brushed my teeth, took a tynoal PM pill and went to bed. My bed felt nice and comfy and I was glad that there were no loud party noises… so I slept in my nice comfy bed from about 9pm to about 8 am. I will admit that at around 7am I looked at the clock and said- Oh, 10 hours… time to get up, however my body reminded me that it had veto power and that my bed was still comfy, even after 9 hours.
I’m glad I’m going to the doctor’s tomorrow to get a once over anyway. I figure it’s nothing more then flu but at the same time I wonder if I’m getting enough food in me as there’s less fat for my body to live off of now.
And odds are I’ll be going to sleep early tonight.
I figure since I slept that long… I needed it.
Yesterday, before I went to sleep was pretty long. I had left work Friday an hour earlier then scheduled… because well, I closed and we finished cleaning early. So out the door we went. So on Saturday, I went to work an hour early to make up the money. However, that meant instead of having a real lunch early, as I was originally scheduled at noon; it meant that I showed up at 11 am. So I snuck a cliff bar around 11:30… as I was HUN-gry at that point.
The bar didn’t seem to do a lot… as about an hour later- 1PM, I started getting light headed. As I might’ve said, right now I have to demo an object… let’s call it a boomerang… because it’s similar- I’ve got to throw and catch it. So this demo-ing takes a bit out of me, in the best of times and yesterday wasn’t really the best. So at about 1:30 PM I tell the two assistant managers that are working that I’m willing to do OTHER work but I can’t demo any more as I’m running on fumes. I figure I can last the next couple of hours, until food.
Which I do, by ringing people up and trying to remain inactive if possible. I get some pizza and O-rings. Natch, I get ketchup all over my WHITE shirt. I then take my meal to the library to try and eat and just relax. Sadly the parents who bring kids to the museum don’t understand the concept of library… or QUIET! I swear those kids were just yammering away. Shortly after finishing my food, which tasted good but hadn’t settled yet… I left the library to try and get some quiet in the backroom of the store.
I’m pretty sure that the parents reading this blog are nice good parents, but I really don’t like LOUD kids. I wish parents took the time to let kids know that the WHOLE WORLD doesn’t need to know, or care, how happy or cranky the kid is.
Inside voices is all I’m saying. Even in a Museum, Inside Voices.
So I went into the back of the store, and I just vented… which seemed to impress both of my assistant managers. I then just sat in a chair for 10 min. with my eyes shut and decided that while I felt ‘better’, it seemed my eyes wanted to stay closed. So I spoke to both of them about leaving early- i.e. not clocking back in. The assistant manager who opened was pro letting me leave… esp. as she didn’t have to deal with the maddening crowd for all that much longer. The other assistant manager however wanted me to stay until closing- as they were already a tad short staffed. I made a deal that I would stay UNTIL we closed the doors, but after that I’d be off. It would mean I’d remain in the hole for hours but I wanted gone.
She ended up letting me leave at 7 pm, after the big rush… a ½ hour before we closed.
I got home around 7:30. It was rainy, icky, and I felt tired. I puttered around with the computer and TV, but at about 8:45 I came back to the realization that I seemed to prefer to have my eyes closed and not moving. So even though I read on Aimee’s blog that she thought sleeping was boring… I felt that my body had veto power and my bed was calling me. So I brushed my teeth, took a tynoal PM pill and went to bed. My bed felt nice and comfy and I was glad that there were no loud party noises… so I slept in my nice comfy bed from about 9pm to about 8 am. I will admit that at around 7am I looked at the clock and said- Oh, 10 hours… time to get up, however my body reminded me that it had veto power and that my bed was still comfy, even after 9 hours.
I’m glad I’m going to the doctor’s tomorrow to get a once over anyway. I figure it’s nothing more then flu but at the same time I wonder if I’m getting enough food in me as there’s less fat for my body to live off of now.
And odds are I’ll be going to sleep early tonight.


1 Comments:
At 6/07/2006 02:03:00 AM,
Unknown said…
sometimes they're so darned obstinate. I couldn't get Aeia to remember to use her inside voice for the life of me
Post a Comment
<< Home