drunk dialing...

Well Wednesday night was the closet I’ve gotten to drunk dialing in perhaps ages. I didn’t ACTUALLY call a friend, instead I emailed Evan, which is sorta like drunk dialing but more considerate as I didn’t WAKE anyone… as I’m pretty considerate. In fact my father on several occasions when I was a kid, pointed out that I was ‘nice’ but then again he often did this to point out there was a difference between nice and good- and he didn’t think I was both…. Shrug.
Take Two: I’m edited this blog before posting it. I went into a long winded scred about how the game store- while infinitely better then the Gift Store is being mis-managed by the owners… which lead me to by a beer for my friend the manager on Wednesday. I feel very sorry for this guy because sales are off through no fault of his… and he can’t really get good help because he can only give them minimum wage and a couple of hours a day… I stay there because I get time and ½ for Sundays and he KNOWS I earn that spot. One of his workers made a big goof that could have been avoided if the owners had a better idea of how to run things (like letting my friend have a bit more control on the stock). So I bought him a drink, which I should not have had because I was tired and depressed.
THEN to add to MY depression, right as my head hit my pillow I wondered where my learner’s permit was. See I know for months it was on my computer table in my living room… but I THOUGHT I had moved it someplace ‘safer’ never mind that it seemed safe on my desk as I rarely clean. So I got out of bed, even though I was tired and had to get up EARLY the next morning (nevermind the fact that I am usually awake before my alarm goes off… and more often then not, out of bed).
So I got out of bed and spent about an hour looking for my learner’s permit, and during that hour I ended up find a) the receipt for it- right next to my monitor, where I used to have the permit… and b) my learner’s permit from YEARS ago- which was safely on a ‘shelf’ on my reading lamp by my comfy chair in my living room.
This has made me all the more depressed because since I’m suppose to be a librarian- I should be more organized. So this has, of course, led to my not sleeping well the next couple of nights and adding to my general depression.
I’m off today but I have, as usual, zero energy and my legs feel like spaghetti (due to standing up so much at work). Right now I plan to waste my morning on the interwebs, and maybe a little reading/ video games. After I lose at heroclix( which I know I will but still I play) I am going to come home and TRY to clean the desk in my bed room. Said desk SHOULD have the learner’s permit on it. I say this as I checked the box with my ‘important documents’ which is on said desk- and it wasn’t there… and the cigar box where I put important crap in… which is on the same desk. Again I have NO idea where the learner’s permit is- but I’d rather spend a few hours cleaning then an hour or two on Tuesday (next day off) at the DMV to get a replacement.
Plus I right now have at least 3 sculptures that are NOT out- one a signed Harley, the other Katachoo in the tub, and the last is Jack Knight. So maybe if I clean some of my bedroom stuff I can make room to display these.
Labels: chaos, messy apartment


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home