Happy Hannuka
As usual- these days- I’m not really in the holiday spirit. I spent yesterday backing up my computer and I went to the movies to get my mind off things.
The things I wanted to get my mind off of:
A)After spending a $100+ on a new hard drive- I have no sound and my computer has rebooted itself like three times… Which would be ok I guess if I got to see Hexi but not ok otherwise.
B)As it stands, there’s a high chance that my brothers aren’t coming to the East Coast for X-mas. I understand my older not doing it because he’s been out here several times… BUT it means I don’t see my younger brother this year. Also it COULD mean that IF I celebrate x-mas with my dad- it’d be me, my dad, his evil wife, and his bitter aunt( aka my bitter great aunt).
C)No word yet on my xbox 360 and because of A- I can’t ask/get an upconvert dvd player. This is sad because they are cheap, BUT I might need the money/ gifting to go for a new computer- never mind the money I’ve crammed into this computer this year( new dvd drive, 2 gigs of ram, and a new hard drive).
So any way…. I saw two movies yesterday- Beuwolf and Enchanted. Enchanted got me a little bit feclempt( I.E. choked me up) at the ending… Beuwolf- To me it spoke in a misogynistic tone. Maybe that’s because I have a very misogynistic friend, who happens to like the great epics… But really I didn’t like what they did with Grendel’s mom.
That’s it. Have to do Laundry now as I have Jury Duty tomorrow and am HOPING to get a case. Normally I might leave this up and add to it later- but again my computer has shown a habit of rebooting- and of doing it when I leave it to do other things. Hope everybody else is having a better time of it.
Oh and when my computer is fixed- I’ll most likely post T-day pics to facebook and post a pic or two of my menorah. Nothing special about it- but over the years I’ve put figures around it- one for each day- I’ve done Harleys and Flashes- and this year I have a pack of DC and Marvel super deformed figs… so I’ll post those hopefully before new years.
Labels: Jewish Holidays


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home