Messages in Bottles

Saturday, November 03, 2007

Senses...


I am home sick because ala a comic book my senses went a little wacky today.

Sadly because I'm NOT at all cool- I did not gain X-ray Vision, Radar hearing, or Super Tracking( aka wolvie's super sense of smell). It was more like things started cutting out/HURTING.
Hearing- I often suffer from nasty wax build up and that's what's going on. So my hearing is a bit off... which I thought would be a GOOD thing at work, as it's VERY loud there. However this was not the case, as it STILL was quite loud and annoying.

Touch- Walked a few blocks in the rain, so cold and damp. Added to that that I was was in a 'bad state' which means I bit my right pinky nail. I have a VERY bad habit of biting my nails... and my right pinky nail seems to be the nail of choice. I've been meaning to blog in another post about my nail biting... as it often causes me pain but not ENOUGH pain it seems to stop.

But it was my eyes that got me to leave work early. For SOME reason, I know not why, my eyes started hurting me... I don't know why but it felt like someone was putting needles in them or something. Not AS BAD as when I get an ear infection( which sometimes has made me feel that Van Gogh was on to something... but my eyes hurt.

One and Two happened before my 'break'- 15 min paid, where I got an advil to deal with my head... and went up to the library to check email n' stuff. See I had a bit of trouble with my computer( possible understatement) and worry about emailing on it... so wanted to check email at work... AFTER said break my eyes just started hurting and I couldn't deal with the sensory inputs. So I told my assistant manager that my eyes hurt and I HAD to leave NOW.
He asked if I was sick.
I replied- Eyes HURT. Sick
He wanted to clarify that I hadn't like been up late and that's the reason my eyes hurt. I really was pissed that his assumption was the fact that I'd show up to work hung over. I mean I've done that once or twice but I try NOT to because I have to deal with money and as mentioned LOTS of people.

I came home and I tried to get my mind off things with facebook... but my internet conection seems to be spotty SO I have to keep re-loading things. So while I added a couple of new features( because Evan and Aimee find SOOO many shiney things and want to share them).... I am MORE frustrated due to Facebook then I have been amused. Joined Evan's Slayer Army, his TV triva( which I have the most points) and I forget what else...
I have also talked to my sister to see if she thought that my eyes hurting might be due to me hardly ever using my glasses. She thought that might be the case. I think maybe I should see my eye doctor again( get a visit a year and haven't seen them in a while).
and I've used ear drops for my ear. Still clogged but I got a few seconds of regular hearing- every so often...

So it's rainy- I feel crappy... and I feel bad for feeling crappy. Especially as I wanted to 'call in' on Monday and use a 'sick day' so I didn't have to deal with either of the assistant managers and do some job search stuff... which I wasn't really able to this week because my computer has been annoying the heck out of me- (see above comments)

The only good thing to come out of today- such as it was... was that I was smart enough NOT to tape the Batman. I don't think I could've handled seeing them destroy the Flash.

So I'm sitting in the dark awash by the light of the computer and odds are will go to bed EXCEDINGLY EARLY- nevermind the hour of sleep I'll gain... which prolly means I'll be up at a god awful time tomorrow.
such is life.

However right before I posted this I was reminded that 'things could be worse' as my older brother- the one with the kid, currently does NOT have a job. So my job might suck but a) I have it b) I have sick days and c) I'm insured.... which counts for something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home