Home Early
I can't decide if I went home early today or was fired.
Basically, I went into work the morning shift today- which is unusual but not unheard of for Saturday. I noticed that the copy center was CLEAN. I mean REALLY clean. I asked if the Albanian had worked last night and of course she had. See, of all of my co-workers, she's the only one who cleans up after the cow because why the cow might be a messy person the Albanian borders on obsessive compulsive.
The place is dead so Moh, the African Muslim Ass't manager, tells me that I'm to STRAIGHTEN the copy center. I've had words with management before about this. As alluded to above, my supervisor is a cow... She's messy, disorganized and prolly was raised in a barn. I've told MOST of my managers, more then once, that if they want order in the copy center to start from the top down otherwise she'll end up messing it up again.
So I remind Moh that this is HER job not mine. Moh doesn't understand the difference between us and is prone to point out that there's NO I IN TEAM . I could care less, so I tell Moh that the cow makes ALOT more money then me( I place it around 1 and 2/3 to 3/4). Moh retorts that he doesn't care- I can either DO IT or NOT DO IT. I tell him I choose NOT DO IT. He then retorts that if I don't do it, I'm to clock out for the day.
Now it was about 11 am when this happened. I realized that my replacement wasn't gonna be in for another 3 hours and while he had two people on registers up stairs, one was taking a few on line tests and the other person started this week. So not only would he not have someone to do copy center but he'd be in a general hole as far as warm bodies... So I decided to leave.
I'm tired of doing crap because my supervisor can't be bothered. If they want to try and fire me for that, so be it....
I called up a friend of mine, who also works at Staples, and asked her if she thinks I was fired. She doesn't think so, she thinks I was just sent home early. I felt GOOD when I left, like I was striking some sort of blow for ME. I realized while writing this that instead of playing Larry or cleaning up here... as I've been doing, I should've called the guy who was scheduled after me and 'suggested' that he wasn't feeling well and should call in sick... sort of as a mini strike. However since Moh isn't closing I don't feel the total need. However I've got someone checking if Moh works tomorrow and if he does- I plan to be sick. Yes it means giving up time and 1/2 BUT it also means the money room is gonna end up being WAY behind.
You see, the gal who NORMALLY does the money room is off Saturdays and is also a copy center person. So if I call in sick instead of doing the money room on Sunday she'd have to cover me.
I loathe Staples and I detest the cow and Moh.
Basically, I went into work the morning shift today- which is unusual but not unheard of for Saturday. I noticed that the copy center was CLEAN. I mean REALLY clean. I asked if the Albanian had worked last night and of course she had. See, of all of my co-workers, she's the only one who cleans up after the cow because why the cow might be a messy person the Albanian borders on obsessive compulsive.
The place is dead so Moh, the African Muslim Ass't manager, tells me that I'm to STRAIGHTEN the copy center. I've had words with management before about this. As alluded to above, my supervisor is a cow... She's messy, disorganized and prolly was raised in a barn. I've told MOST of my managers, more then once, that if they want order in the copy center to start from the top down otherwise she'll end up messing it up again.
So I remind Moh that this is HER job not mine. Moh doesn't understand the difference between us and is prone to point out that there's NO I IN TEAM . I could care less, so I tell Moh that the cow makes ALOT more money then me( I place it around 1 and 2/3 to 3/4). Moh retorts that he doesn't care- I can either DO IT or NOT DO IT. I tell him I choose NOT DO IT. He then retorts that if I don't do it, I'm to clock out for the day.
Now it was about 11 am when this happened. I realized that my replacement wasn't gonna be in for another 3 hours and while he had two people on registers up stairs, one was taking a few on line tests and the other person started this week. So not only would he not have someone to do copy center but he'd be in a general hole as far as warm bodies... So I decided to leave.
I'm tired of doing crap because my supervisor can't be bothered. If they want to try and fire me for that, so be it....
I called up a friend of mine, who also works at Staples, and asked her if she thinks I was fired. She doesn't think so, she thinks I was just sent home early. I felt GOOD when I left, like I was striking some sort of blow for ME. I realized while writing this that instead of playing Larry or cleaning up here... as I've been doing, I should've called the guy who was scheduled after me and 'suggested' that he wasn't feeling well and should call in sick... sort of as a mini strike. However since Moh isn't closing I don't feel the total need. However I've got someone checking if Moh works tomorrow and if he does- I plan to be sick. Yes it means giving up time and 1/2 BUT it also means the money room is gonna end up being WAY behind.
You see, the gal who NORMALLY does the money room is off Saturdays and is also a copy center person. So if I call in sick instead of doing the money room on Sunday she'd have to cover me.
I loathe Staples and I detest the cow and Moh.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home