The Unthinkable... Red Sox BEAT Yankees
Was gearing to bed... but still checking dvds... when I started hearing Yelling and WHOOPING outside my window. I live about a 1/2 mile from Fenway Park and near Northeaster University... Many people going to my alma matter got in trouble for being "HAPPY" about the Pats winning the Superbowl this year. So I had to check the score and saw... sure enough my beloved Yankees lost to the Sox. I didn't watch the game because I got sidetracked and besides I figured the Sox were KINGS of the choke... and felt there lost tonight would be a for gone conclusion.
However I did tell a freind ealier today that IF the Red Sox won the World's Series, that they would no longer be THE Red Sox. That part of being a fan of the Red Sox is rooting for a losing team.... That's why I'm a Yankees fan instead of a Mets fan like my dad- I want my team to WIN! ;-)
Likewise if the Red Sox somehow manage to win this year... well NEXT year they can't blame the 'curse of the bambino' for their not winning. They'd have to admit that the Sox didn't win 2005 because of bad management or because it's a racist organization. And really wouldn't the fans rather believe in a 'curse', then realize their team SUCKS because... well they suck?
a couple of proof of their racism:
http://www.npr.org/programs/morning/features/2002/oct/redsox/
http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/articles/2004/06/18/18bonds/
http://users.rcn.com/denebola/issue/spor/001.htm
However I did tell a freind ealier today that IF the Red Sox won the World's Series, that they would no longer be THE Red Sox. That part of being a fan of the Red Sox is rooting for a losing team.... That's why I'm a Yankees fan instead of a Mets fan like my dad- I want my team to WIN! ;-)
Likewise if the Red Sox somehow manage to win this year... well NEXT year they can't blame the 'curse of the bambino' for their not winning. They'd have to admit that the Sox didn't win 2005 because of bad management or because it's a racist organization. And really wouldn't the fans rather believe in a 'curse', then realize their team SUCKS because... well they suck?
a couple of proof of their racism:
http://www.npr.org/programs/morning/features/2002/oct/redsox/
http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/articles/2004/06/18/18bonds/
http://users.rcn.com/denebola/issue/spor/001.htm


2 Comments:
At 10/21/2004 07:31:00 PM,
Unknown said…
Fixing the linking issue:
Say I want the text of "Naked Blue Jeans" to link directly to my website.
1. I type in "Naked Blue Jeans."
2. Highlight the text with my mouse.
3. Click the link icon, which should cause a pop-up requesting a url.
4. Enter http://devanpeterson.blogspot.com and enter.
That should then have Blogspot do the rest for you.
OR you could go the manual way:
a href="http://devanpeterson.blogspot.com"
(with < and > bracketing it)
Naked Blue Jeans
/a
(with < and > bracketing the /a)
I hope that worked. My html is sooo rusty.
Go bosox.
At 10/28/2004 01:04:00 AM,
Anonymous said…
The Sox won man. Im not a huge fan. I just moved in with my stepdad and he is. So ya, i felt guilty not cheering them on even though i was convinced they would lose. The "curse" thing was just w/e but i donno. Lol so now i guess you get to wait until next year and see what happens. Cya.
Post a Comment
<< Home